Spooky

Dennis Yost and the Classics 4...right?...which could also be the name for the day...as the raw and macabre events of it...were downright bizarre...maybe, Spooky...

As we arrived at DelMar for Opening Day, Part Deux...and fresh from having an absolutely mahvelous home brewed mint julep...prepared by my betting cohort, Andy...we stumbled (literally) into stage one...Marilyn, Clark, and Lucy...well, now...and we get a photo with them...I should tell you that there were about 10-20 people taking the same shots of us...well, them...BTW, they were in their best impersonations to boot...spoke like them and all...

Now, for the spooky side...I was reluctant to bet the Pick 5...as it appeared to have a few of the races that were less than good horses in them...I call them dog races...yet...mustered up a tix...and sure enough...was in the hunt...again...hit the first 4 and had 4 going in the final...euphoria?...Delmar never showed the probable payoffs...what?...Andy found them on the TVG app on his phone...and I sensed the reason for their reluctance...the payoffs were paltry...as was the crowd...

I figured due to the lack of numbers, I may be in good shape...talk about letdown...and get this...the top 3 finishers in the race 5 were mine all mine...thus, I hit it...and it was more for the "honor" of doing so, rather than the payoff amount...boo...er, boohoo....more of an honor...boooo....

NFL...the Miami Dolphins, fresh off a couple of outstanding weeks of football...where they crushed their opponents...had a meet and greet with one of the best...the New England Pats...put up or shut up...ha ha...they got hammered...as Terrific Tom was just that...and the D blitzed the hapless Dolphins senseless...oh well, my FF QB had a sensational day...38...almost as much as I got for the pre-mentioned Pick 5...spooky...

The Ducks at ASU...let's just say right up front...I have reservations about watching UO play...the lack of preparation of the defensive coach is legendary...and his in game adjustments are awful...am I too hard in this observation?...just the facts, mam, just the facts...get this...the D gives up over 720 yards...that was the last figure I saw...is this a record?...720!!!!...

I would let this bloke go...on the spot...I digress...here is the bizarre...I am mostly watching the Clips beat up on the Mavs...(NBA)...and see that the game is close to an end...and the Ducks are driving...down 7...turn it on to see a hail may...that works...and the game goes to OT...not the bizarre yet...

It goes 3 OT's...and in NCCA football...in the 3rd OT, you must go for a 2pt conversion after a TD...the Ducks go first...and score on a controversial pass...was his foot inbounds?...the refs take an extraordinary amount of time...and make the call on the field stand...a TD...then Coach H goes for a bizarre play....where they have the QB go in motion...and hike the ball to the ace RB...who fumbles the snap...and gets mobbed...xpoints, no good...macabre...

ASU's turn....march right up to the goal line...and then...from inside the 5...where they pretty much can do anything they want...run, at will...and go weird...try to pass...twice...and the second effort was picked off...what?...Ducks win!...there are no words...as the team that gave up over 720 yards won...that my friends, is spooky...

In this crazy world of MLB...dominated by recycled managers throughout...the Pads went away from the norm...and hired a young dude from the DBacks staff...their 3B coach...Andy Green...no idea...38 years young...geez, there's that number again...I have no idea what the Padres are doing...one thing is for sure...I will not buy season tix...so QUIT CALLING!...

As we are closing in on Halloween...and go back in time...when we used to go a tricking and treating...back in the 50's...right, I know...I am up there in age...screw you...and recall when our neighbor, Mrs. Brush, used to give us bags of nickel candy bars...like Big Hunk, Idaho Spud, and Mountain Bars...along with oranges...a huge bag....now...we give little, tiny, diminutive, sparse baggies of M and M's...

Finally...I took great pride in my purchase of the ukulele...in Maui...the store was an all wood one...lots of choices and styles of them...and  I protected it like a piece of treasure on the flight home...and when I got to practicing with it...I looked on the back...and saw it was..."Made In China"...pissed and depressed...boooo....





Comments

Popular Posts