Prez Cup

Hey now...I'm going to give you equal writing as to my pixel viewing time...as I squirmed through most of the Prez Cup...as the US got the W...it took the last guy in the field to win...OK...specifics...

The International Team is made up of players from outside of Europe...8 diff countries and 6 diff languages...imagine that team meeting...and they find a way to bond...credit team captain, Nick Price...for an exceptional effort of cohesion...

The final day is like the Ryder's Cup...all of the blokes paired up in 12 matches...very exciting...and the scribes had the US as the clear favs...not so fast my friends...the Americans have no longer the dominance they once possessed...not even close...

The course was...in South Korea... a picture of beauty...however...they used fake rock throughout...wonder what else was...and brutally tough...like real tough...and for these PROS, a par was a good score...often...and...I have seen more choking going on...and just not the lesser dudes...

Anyway...lost in the Cup was the fact that the Captain gets to pick two guys, that didn't qualify for the team...our Capt is Jay Haas...and one of his pix was his son, Bill...no prob, outside of him not having a banner year, is a solid player...he also chose Lefty...who was brilliant...

Of course, the match came down to his son and the kid from...South Korea...and the crowd was definitely pulling for the home country guy...duh...I will tell you this...the hosts were great...not the obnoxious type that invade the Ryder...really...and...it was a chunk chip that lost the match and the cup...too bad...I was kind of hoping for a tie...

On to the Ducks...who lost...yet again at home...to Wash St...what?...yup...had the game...up 10 in the 4th Q...and then...the inept play of the D reared it's ugly head...I keep saying this...this coordinator is the worst in college football...run a wheel rout and it's 40 yard gainer...every time...

Couple that with faulty quarterbacking...and there you go...the Coug's D jammed the line...and forced the pass...which the Ducks can't do...voila...another loss...

I keep hearing from the faithful, that this is going to be the season of a lesser bowl...you have got to be kidding me...it will take 6 wins...where are those going to be?...let's look...
The Dawgs...nope...fresh off a big win over their old coach Sark, at USC...road game in Seattle...
Ariz St...possible...but it's there...and it's after a bye...normally, I'd think that would be a good sign...if there was competent coaching...
California...nope....their O will put up BIG numbers...very good passing game...
@ Stanford...zero % chance...however...cuz of how the Cardinal runs their O, the score will be respectable...
USC...interesting...if the above games go like I think they will...it may be a boo fest...
OSU...the Beavs quit yesterday at UA...embarrassing loss...I figure this to be a tossup...depends on how OSU rebounds...
So...it'll take 3 wins out of these...hmmm...me thinks a boo fest is more probable...

So I am telling you that I am fishing for another blog site...to use...problem is...they want $...and what I do now...is free...hmmm...maybe I'll just keep on a truckin'...

Time for some NFL blokes to see if I need to adjust my football lineup...good luck, ya'll...got to get used to talking like that...next week I'll be in Tennessee...

Comments

Popular Posts