Monday Decaf

It's been awhile since  I have posted on a Monday, right?...been a busy dude, I tell ya...it really is one of my fav days to blog...as I can summarize what hit the past weekend...and give my take on it all....here goes...

You know what a "pick play" is in football?...brought about lately in the game...mostly cuz of many teams putting 3 wideouts on the same side...and one of them, sets like a screen on the defender, just like in hoops...bumps the guy off...and the receiver runs free....easy pickings...and voila!...completed pass...well now...it's been in football forever...but seemingly now used much more often....as the refs call it but like 5% of the time for a violation...

In the Bolts/Brown game...Cleveland scored a TD in the last 2 minutes...down by 2...of course, went for the 2 point conversion in lieu of the one...ran a blatant pick play...got away with it (duh)...scored the 2 and tied the game up...only, to lose the game at the buzzer...to a SD FG...along the way, the to set up the game winner...the Chargers got a huge pass play done...with help of a pick play, so said the idiotic "color" man...he didn't mention the same play in the Xtra point situation...BTW, these blokes talk way too much...

The Pads fired their interim manager as the season mercifully came to a close yesterday...for SD...another example of incompetent GM stuff...absolutely no reason to fire Buddy in mid-season...if he was going to do so with the guy that took over...what a waste...Black is and was a class act...there will be some major changes made in this off season...mainly cuz of contract things...AJ is not what he seemed...save your money on them season tix, kids...

In the aftermath of the dreaded school shooting in Oregon, the concept of gun control reappears...and the NRA has and will throw their $ about...follow it closely...as the recipients will be the ones who speak out on "it's not the guns who kill"...piece of crap...

In your emails, do you get unwanted posts?...I can't get rid of the USA Today's...I've checked the unsubscribe...no luck...I've called them...no luck...and they keep sending me "Breaking" thingers...STOP!...I don't want them!...

At our din din the other night, we were served a dynamite cup of coffee...got the name of it...went online to see where I could get it...imported from Italy...LaVazza...said you could get it at Walmart...what?...so went there yesterday...hmmm...not sure how you'll take this...but the clientele there is an eye opener...there you go...BTW, they didn't have it...so went online and ordered it...I'll let you know...if it's worth the effort...

This is the time of year that the 3 pro sports of the NFL, MLB, and the NBA overlap...seems to me, that the hoops guys should wait a bit...and the beisbol ones should be done by now...I'm just saying...

We finally have turned off the AC...feels so good to have natural cool on...this will last until later this week...boo...as the heat returns...

The kids invited me to the Don Henley Concert up at their yard...I planned on it...go by Amtrak...leave Wednesday, and return Thursday...and then my boy said that Henley is mostly singing his new stuff, hardly any of the Eagles...not sure, but I think that is a hint...

The Prez Cup starts this Wednesday, too...it's a golf match between the US and the rest of the world, except Europe...what?...anyway, it is in South Korea...hmmm...isn't the neighbor country there at war with us?...or so they say?...tread lightly you hackers...I love these matches...

Is your "smart phone" eating up more data than ever before?...why, I wondered...and have found that the wifi has a setting that is doing this...check into your settings...uncheck it and you will thank me...

Cosmopolitan...the mag...just named the first family moniker on the Kardashians...you have got to be kidding me...this is the biggest insult to all Americans...

Madam Secretary...I keep telling you...it's one of the best shows on the pixels...have you watched it yet?...Sunday eve...CBS...let me know...PS...I then watched the Good Wife (?)...I know an absolute misnomer...it was also quite good...

Is today the day, that CH gets his tattoo?...as the world waits for the impending doom of the artist...

And more for the "me file"...my fantasy baseball team, the Gaslamp Sun...won the league!...ah yes...thank you all for the pats on the back and the well wishes...

Let's hope for a peaceful week ahead of us...





Comments

Popular Posts