Monday Decaf

Labor Day...rich in traditional lore...as we, the common worker, celebrate the last day off prior to the opening of the schools...ah ha...sure, I don't do the work anymore...but, yes, I do continue to honor the day...and how, you ask?...you were asking, right?...by going to the races...another fine tradition that I had way back when...

And...there were a gazillion folks out there...cuz, they honored the Triple Crown Winner, American Pharaoh, with his presence...and walked him in front of the massive crowd...seriously, he could have been any horse...who would have known?...they should have had him saddled up with a jockey aboard...oh well...

My Pick 5 and Pick 3 were blown up by a $66 winner in the first race...spent the rest of the card, making the deficit up...and I did...barely...reminded me of fair crowds...very crowded...not bet friendly, for sure...

Your girl, Sarah Palin...she got an interview...what?...I will not be kind here...she was asked about serving on Trump's Staff...if he were to get the Prez...oh my...and her infamous wording of that if you live on our country, you should speak American...you know, that's a dialect that is a combo of English and Spanish...I guess...or...Sioux...that would really be American...I digress...

The history of THE DAY...organized by a union...and honored by the then Prez...Grover Cleveland...by the Knights of Labor of New York City...in the grand year of 1887...and now you know the REAL story...do we still have unions?...

Germany and France are taking on the brunt of the immigrants' migration... from mostly Syria...I think...and is at their capacity for doing so...highly commendable...and makes me wonder, what on earth is left over in that displaced country?...you religious zealots, have you no shame?...these are YOUR people...numbers are like 366,000...we have no idea...

Honestly, the Demos are working hard at being under the radar...for some reason, allowing the Repubs to dominate the pixels...what?...I don't get it...as it goes, the Donald is converting doubters...and from the other side...as he appears to be a cross between the two parties...his numbers are soaring and GROWING!...

And furthermore... Bernie is closing the gap...and the once huge margin of favor for Hillary is almost totally...GONE!...watch the results of Iowa and New Hampshire for a real indicator...this is a good season for a blogger...duh...

We are a week away from our annual trip to Maui...it truly is a paradise...and the one negative?...having to leave our dog, Sammi...for two weeks...luckily, she stays with her 2nd family (the Mackles) in the penthouse...she loves the view...and gets her own bedroom...and I think they feed her better...at least, that's what she tells us...we are so lucky...

Did you know that Rick Santorum is running for Prez?...right...how'd that go last time, Ricky?...better than this one...ha ha...I'm not a fan....

Ran into our Dr out at the races yesterday...so glad I did...as she is leaving us for Arizona...gave her a big hug and wished her the best...damn, she is a good one...she's outta here in a week...and now we have to train a new one...

Tonight we have the Sara Evans concert out at Sycuan...padded seats and a tremendous venue...and in the 3rd row..."Suds in the Bucket"...you may remember that one...my fav is "I Could Not Ask For More"...check them out...has nothing to do with the fact that she is a fine looking filly...geez, there I go again, HORSE talk...pardon me...

Big Brother...and the twist has become a reality...I do think the brains of the group is the poker gal...Vanessa...playing a game that most of the rest have no clue...maybe Steve gets it...and would be a great final duo...so says me...

Thanks for reading and please...share...

Enjoy your day off...








Comments

Popular Posts