Monday Decaf

Let's start at the top...well, that mountain that was renamed Mt. McKinley...in the early 1900's...by the then Sec of Interior...Sally Jewell...the highest mountain in North America...is going back to it's original name...Denali...the Alaskan Native Given one...by our Prez O...and, of course, there is backlash...in particular from the state of Ohio...what?...the Repubs there are rebelling...and want the name to remain the same...ah yes, the beauty of the politicians...ever wonder why the Donald is leading those pieces?...of...

The first to announce their intentions to run for prez in 2020?...the one and well, the only, ha ha...Kim K's latest hubby...Kanye West...who for some reason got some type of achievement award at the MTV's...and he was given the mike to talk...and talk and talk...elongated mismatch of words...that got to the point of why?...geez, when Sinatra got the same type of thing in the Grammy's (at least one of them thingers), he was cut off....West ended with announcing his run for the presidency...oh my...

The hostess of the show...the pathetic Miley Cyrus...tried hard to be just that...disgusting and a total embarrassment to any such event...her proud parents were in the front row...we taped it...and the number of commercials rivaled the number of actual moments of the awards...is this the state of the young peops of the US?...wait...also in the front row was the nation's Camelot Family of the Kardashians...missing?...Cait...must have misplaced her invite...

A high light of the broadcast?...the Biebs did a tearful rendition of ...I dunno...ended up with tears in his eyes...and the direction he sang (?) to...well, she is part of the Swiftee Crew...Selena Gomez...and all the group of gals made an exit to the glamour room...ha ha...they were gone!...dang, Biebs, and you had them right where you wanted them...oops, they were in the can...guess not...

Switcheroo...the Pads survived the last game versus the lowly Phillies...at least did not get swept...and travel back home to SD...for like an 11 game home stand...let's see, if we win all of them, then we are back in the hunt...oh my...

NFL...the Bolts first real game is against the Lions...a team that I figure is the true long shot for the finals...really...I like a lot of their parts...and we'll see how right I am...if I was in Vegas, I'd bet a bit on them...

PGA...the bloke on a run...Jason Day...ran away with the 1st round of the playoffs...something I can't figure out...why they even have them...won by 6 strokes...as he can putt, kids...and hits the ball a long, long ways....where was Tiger?...I joke...

The Stock Market...started low today...no clue...should we be buying stuff?...should we stay put?...who the heck knows...

I keep sifting through all my emails that are advertisements...and realize...that is the bulk of what I get...and am unsubscribing...some are hard to get to that point...layers of filtering...do you have that problem, too?...it's my project for the day...

Hit the links early tomorrow...out at Steele Canyon...big T at Sycuan...going to try a diff approach with my driver...adjust the head to straight up...it is in a draw spot now...and get this, will try my dangest to slow down my swing...when I do this, I usually swing faster than ever...slow at the takeaway, and monster fast from the top...ha ha...well, as one of my golfing teachers told me years ago, "hey pard, you need to smoke a joint before you play"...$35 please...

We have this dilemma here on our coast...them sharks are lurking...the water is warmer than normal...and there was a sighting of a hammerhead...knocking into some kayakers in LaJolla...actual video of such...a popular spot for seals...duh...and the beaches have been closed...well, not everyone got the memo...as a swimmer was lost in the afternoon...yesterday...c'mon kids, you must respect the wild life...

We may head on out for some grub...BTW, I have our new range in the back of the Lexus...just a waiting for the service elevator to gear back up...

The last day of August...and 2 weeks away from Maui!...






Comments

Popular Posts