Monday Decaf

Another day in the hood...and there are grumblings all over it...as the listless Pads lost the 6th straight...got swept...AT HOME...versus the Phillies...made average pitchers look like Sandy Koufax...and bumbled around like a very bad beisbol team...which is exactly what our group is...we make errors that astound me....that no other MLB franchises do...I don't get it...

Listened to your guy get a telephone interview with ABC...the Donald with George S...could never spell his last name...and the bullying prophet continues his ways...does not consider what he said about the Fox gal moderator as demeaning...good luck all you Repubs...you have quite a ride ahead of you...think this will be the last guffaw?...it started with calling Sen John McCain as not a war hero...oh my...then the Mexican thing...the list will grow...and...apparently, will do so as his numbers do too...all yours...

Think there isn't high tension in Mizzou right now?...Ferguson again...the racial lines are drawn...maybe it's just the police and the rest of the citizens...maybe not...it's the summer...and there are many correlations to the late 60's in my mini mind...WHO DOESN'T HAVE A GUN THERE?...

Finally we can talk about the college football season...as there is high optimism all over the Pac 12...a lot of very good ones projected...even in LA...really...but my Ducks...have to find a way to patch up the loss of QB Mariota...no easy feat...and just announced that they lost a key RB for the season due to injury...Tyner...too bad, as he is a key guy in that O...and the Beavs?...new coach...which is good...and I hope they do well...this is the year that no one will get by without a loss...too strong and too balanced...so says me...might just cost us a final 4 spot...geez, I'm sounding like a pundit...

I think the reunion stuff is closing shop...the photos are all over Facebook...and it's kind of neat...that it's over...old people looking at other old people...ha ha...it is what it is...and I have completed my trek of them...book closed...

I'm going to tell you this cuz it's the truth...the modern technology has gone super in the pixel world...as we invested in a new one...and it's incredible...like you can see so much better...just more and more pixels...and so much brighter!...way cool...if you haven't looked at one in the last 3 years, do so now...trust Horse...

Remember when just a short year ago, that Albertson's and some of the Safeway grocery stores were being bought out by Haggen's?...the rumor is that they are financially hit...must be a tough biz...

Don't get me wrong about this...but I could care less what Caitlyn looks like in a swim suit...enough already...right?...

The NFL started it's pre-season nonsense last eve...the HOF game...each team plays 4 of these...hey guys, it's a brutal sport...and totally about collisions...if you are dumb enough to pay $ to sit through them, you deserve what you invest in...the teams rest their starters...duh...or give them a series...run right or run left...

OK, maybe I'm too harsh on the Padres...the Bums and the Giants both got swept too...and I watched the LA/Pitt game...what on earth was Mgr Mattingly thinking?...lack of managing cost them this one...I can just imagine what the reporters are writing about today...it was bad, kids...

I have to come up with 5 names to win the PGA...no clue...certainly NOT TIGER!...like I thought in the Open...ha ha...is Rory ready?...have to include Jordan...after that, I dunno...I think I'm throwing my $20 out the window...

Is it just me, or does the time go faster in the summer?...it's already the 10th...definitely seemed like it when I taught...15 years ago...really?...

Frank Gifford...RIP...he was one of the best in his biz...RB from the Trojans and the NFL Giants...and then became one of the broadcasters in the ground breaking Monday Night Football...a staple for us...along with Dandy Don Meredith and the sharp tongued Howard Cosell...made up a super group to listen to...all are gone now...too bad...

I don't know how they do it, but Big Brother just grabs you...mindless crap...and if you let it...it pulls you in...and then you are hooked...3 times a week...geez...sneeky people...being just that...

And that's the way it is...on this fine Monday, August 10, 2015...








Comments

Popular Posts