Del Mar

Top of the morning to ya'll...about ready to turn on the pixels and watch the Open from over the pond...hmmm...so much for my gut feeling about Tiger...BTW, I was the ONLY one who had him in the pool...and I was made fun of for the pick...deserved, I guess...the weather has turned there, so there should be some crazy scores posted by really, really good players...I mean crazy high ones...

Absolute tragedy yet again by a shooter...this time a "terrorist" type who killed Marines in Tennessee...of course, he got his due...but, the fact that it happens is a horrendous reminder that there are very sick people in this world...and not just over there...all over the place...

The Opening Day at Del Mar...over 40,000 in attendance...it's huge here, kids...as I told you, it was impossible to handicap with so many horses in each race...witness the $29,000 Pick 5, that's a 50 cent bet...anyway, we head out for the afternoon set...1st post I think is at 4 pm...and I am ready and willing...and for your info, the one and only Caitlyn was in attendance...

The Pads start the post AS game, with a series hosting the Rockies...the only team beneath us in the league...so...we should keep that intact, right?...hope so...if we falter, we will be at the, gulp, bottom...BTW, no trades to announce...we are the same...Dr C sent me a post of an extreme critic of the GM Preller....wooah, this guy has nothing nice to say...and blames this whole fiasco on AJ...he may be right...

Simple things...We made spaghetti, with a salad...and had some sourdough bread...and I am telling you this...it tasted as good as any high price dish you can come up with...it's been awhile...maybe, I just love Italian food...just maybe...

Going around the web net...a You Tube of Carrie when she was 14...OK, get your mind out of the gutter...it's of her singing Martina's "Broken Wings"...one of my all time favs...and she killed it...how on earth did no one "discover" her until American Idol?...amazing...

One of the parts of the 50 Reunion, is a golf T out at my old course...McNary...and I am playing in it...have no idea what the format is...or, whom I am playing with....I did tell you I am going, right?...geez, playing rather poorly right now....oh well, it's still fun...remember that...it's supposed to be fun...it will be way cool to go by the old house of ours...wait, you can never go back...

The Clip Joint made another move...to try to bolster their anemic 2nd unit...signed the much maligned Josh Smith...hmmm...another brickster from the free throw line...well, Doc, your hands will be full of handling some very difficult characters...

Who will PDX fire first, the GM or the Coach?...it WILL happen...

OK...Japan just signed a bill to allow their troops to fight overseas for the 1st time since World War II...what does that mean?...

What's happening at the Open...time to turn it on...wish me luck at the Races...




Comments

Popular Posts