Absurd

Well now, guess who's up before the crack of dawn?...yup, the Horse...and what's on my mini-mind?...the ABSURD amounts of money that these players are signing for in the NBA...I know, you will tell me...it's a hot commodity...sure, I suppose...yet, why so much?...

When a level 3 or 4 guy...like the 3rd or 4th best player on the team...gets somewhere between $5 and $10 MILLION a season, it makes you wonder...who is paying for this?....the average ticket price ranges from the low of $30 in New Orleans to the high of $132 in NYC...multiply that by the number that attend...times that by 41, the # of home games...and the numbers don't add up...throw in the price of food and beverage...and merchandise sold...not even close...

The rich cats...the owners...find a way to make it all go...and they MAKE money...must be the TV cash that gets them over the top...it does in other sports...build it and they will come...apparently so...

More absurdity...and probably humiliating....the butt kicking the Mariners did on the floundering Pads...got shut out twice...and looked dreadful...is that enough negative adjectives?...I could go on...and on we go...a 10 game roadie...eegads...to the BEST team in the league, Saint Looey...here's the deal...if your expectations are low...then this doesn't bother you that much...and for 8 or 9 years, that's our creed...dang, if it doesn't though...we should be much better....

The FIMA World's Cup...or is that championship?...I dunno...the Ladies...anyway, it's a rematch of the final two from 4 years ago...Japan versus the US...really, this is good stuff...and I'm not a soccer fan, on a daily basis...there is finality to it all...and I like the high drama...on the 4th...well now, perfect timing...right?...

Being up so early...I made some coffee...and walked out to the side deck and looked at the city...the trees, lining the streets, are all wrapped in lights...very beautiful...people are actually walking their dogs at this time...and believe me, this is a dog town...overcast this am...very much like a coastal area...which is NOT the norm...still very humid...also, NOT the norm...

Berniemania...you aware of this?...growing interest in another Demo...actually an Independent...held a rally in Wisconsin...and 10,000 showed up...keep an eye out on this dude...Bernie Sanders...73 years young...and a Senator out of Vermont...yes, kids, that's a real state...interesting?...

A day for the washing of the white car...resembles more of a pinto right now...due to the rainy periods...and dirt...now, If I could only remember how to put the dang thing into neutral...these new fangled things...oops, is fangled a word?...you KNOW what I mean...

Sometimes I wonder who I am writing this to...and know that I get anywhere from 30 to 75 hits a day...I guess it's just cool to write what I am thinking...and if it tickles you, than I feel good...

If I lived in Greece, I would be protesting, too...and they ARE in masses...not sure of the whys of their financial fall, but it's a problem for the rest of Europe...and I guess, beyond...

It wouldn't be my blog, if I didn't mention that the Bolt's Brass are anywhere but here...and trying to coerce the living daylights out of LA...er, Carson...plopping a stadium on a landfill, I guess...er, something like that...

Fallout from the Donald's demise...the, er his, Miss USA contest...as the pixels won't show it...and there are judges who are dropping out, too...the Mexican comments he made...ah yes, what a mess...I listened to him talk about how bad the networks are for canceling and hurting these 50 gals...yes, THEY were hurting them...not the Donald...hmmm...and get this...he's STILL number two in the Repub polls for Prez...only in America...

And that's it...who sang...Only In America?...








Comments

Popular Posts