37 Years

It's been 37 years since a 3 yr old horse has won the Triple Crown...talk about a very difficult journey for a sport...these animals are bred to be runners...and it's been a very risky business to put your $ in...there is a lot of cost to keep the horses going...and we are talking the cream of the crop...

The Belmont...the longest of the 3 races...and one of the main topics of the naysayers...is that these races are too close together...and it's too hard on the animals...maybe...I dunno...the one thing about this sport, is that the people in the biz, are very stubborn...and have very little change in their system...

The last winner was Affirmed...ridden by Steve Cauthen....and there have been a many that have won the 1st 2 legs...and have been beaten in the 3rd...I think that American Pharaoh will get 'er done...the trainer is So Cal's own Bob Baffert...he has his hosses down here in Del Mar...the win odds will be low...like 3-5...I'll watch the board...I have put him on top of a trifecta key...and took a long shot on a $2 exacta wheel...

Golf...The Memorial...at Jack's place...where we were so used to watch Tiger dominate...well now, Woodsy barely made the cut...and is poised to make a move on Saturday...hmmm, don't bet on it...the leader?...another no-namer...how about me golf?...yup, we won the T...by 4!...which is a lot...and I lurve to see my name up in the top slot on the board...as I told you before, my partners were dang good...

Every bloke got a hit in the Pads win at Cincy...geez, a lot of stuff is happening in Ohio...other than the pitchers...in fact, we had 3 dingers...Norris, Venable (what a season!), and Middlebrooks...and a solid pitching effort by Ty Ross...and there you go...a series opening W!...doesn't happen too often...today, the hard luck Cash goes...hmmm....and don't look now...but we are 3 1/2 back in the west...what?...

All day long, I yearned for a donut...er, doughnut...even thought about making some from scratch...which didn't happen...and still have that void in my mind...and tummy...something tells me that I'm gonna get me some today....

Yes, I still love the Beamer...it's a great rig...and I get a lot of congrats...especially when the top is down...

Hey, this has been an issue for 3 or 4 years...the baseball bats are made out of a lesser type of wood...maple...and they shatter so much easier...and as the Pad's announcers have been saying..."it's only time before somebody gets seriously injured"...well, it did yesterday...in Boston...a lady fan was hit...and is in very serious condition...get your act together, MLB...this can be fixed...

I have time...so....this guy is gonna work on his irons...my goal is to stand a bit taller...and take the same swing I use for my hybrids...will take many, many swings to get it into my memory bank...I need to change it...

Silence...that's what you are going to hear...when the Chargers season begins this year...the owners are frauds...and will get hit in the pocketbook this time around...you can throw up just so much smoke...as they load up their trucks and move north...

How about an egg and cheese san?...




Comments

Popular Posts