The Stones

Guess who's in town tonight?...none other than the Rolling Stones...as some have renamed them the Rolling Bones...as to their age...fuggit about it...as they have survived in a biz that very few have...I'm dang proud of them blokes..."start me up"...the Stones...however...the cost of the tix are way up there...so what we'll do is go near by and hear them wail for a bit...it's down at Petco Park...the site of them Padres...7 blocks away...

Due to the Memorial Day 3 day weekend...there are countless peops all over this area...we were out last night, and I can tell you that this was the most we've ever seen here...not that there isn't a lot to do...Wynonna was on the Midway for a concert...remember her?...she actually puts on a great concert...we saw her way back when..."when"...the Kalin Twins...the House of Blues had a line around the corner...the Comedy Club had the same...and on and on...

By the way, after golf yesterday I watched an old movie, The Midway...ahead of it's time for clarity and excitement for a flix...as many of the channels that feature classics, are devoting their air time to war types...which brings me to the day itself...the dedication of a singular day for those who have given their lives for the existence of the USA...Memorial Day...I give my thanks, too...

For a month or so on my calendar I had a golf T for yesterday...I was sort of right...my partner had one...seeings I dropped out of the match play T, I wasn't in it...but he was...and dang it all, I had my game face on...

Which is exactly what the Golden St Warriors had, too...as they pummeled the Rockets in game 3 by 25 or 35 or 45...made no diff...and lead the set 3-0...this was in Texas, too...GS played like they were possessed and Houston had no chance...

Guess who did not have their game face on?...you got it...the hapless Padres...as we got one hit...it was by the leadoff guy....and that was it...in LA...the bare bones of it all...the lack of managerial style continues..."paint me black"...the Stones...as this time, he actually moved our 3B to SS..."shake things up"...and yet brought out 2B Gyorko on the field...even the paid SD blokes are "singing the blues"...Guy Mitchell..."a change is gonna come"...Bob Dylan...let's hope..before it's too late...get this...Bill Center, Trib writer, let out stats to show that our chances to make the playoffs are like slim to none...ha ha...damn...maybe "it's too late"...Carole King...

I look around town and see all these high rise condos...which weren't here just 20 short years ago...and there are 4 more going up...it is developing into one that rivals the huge cities...but, with good weather...you should see all the new restaurants and bars opening up...all over the place...truly remarkable...you need to take a look yourself, kids...

How can we spend over $150 twice the past 2 weeks on groceries and have nothing in the refrig?...so...today...off we go again...maybe we should get some frozen TV dinners for the freezer...ha ha...remember those....with the awful frozen peas...back when, they seemed like a treat...at least in our household..."sweet pea'...Tommy Roe...

Or get some red treats...it's that season...strawberries..."strawberry fields forever"...the Beatles...you know, I can't remember the last time I had a shortcake...with whipped cream on the top..."whipped cream"...Herb Alpert...and other delights...remember that album cover?...hmmm...I bet YOU do...at least the guys, do...

The county fair opens up in a few weeks...and it's huge...out at Del Mar...the same spot as the horse races...and one of the feature foods...for those on a diet...deep fried slim fast bars...I can't make that up...

Satisfaction...one of my top 5 songs...ever...

Comments

Popular Posts