Sporty Saturday

And when have you had such a action packed Saturday for all type of sport?...been awhile...and pretty much will find your choice of one, or many...for moi, it was the Derby...

As the fav, American Pharaoh, pulled out a thrilling stretch drive to narrowly beat one of my long shots...ah yes...so I hit the Exacta, and $10 across the board on Firing Line...and made some cash, my friends...both these jockeys are from SoCal...the back to back winner, Victor Espinoza...and the elder stud, Gary Stevens...cheers!...

The Clip Joint did the upset...and beat SA in a barn burner...two very good teams playing like it was the champ game...this would not have happened if the league didn't have the ridiculous division winner clause...which put the Blazers in the upper tier of the bracket, even though they had a much poorer record...I'm sure the owners will change this...back to the game...when it came down to the real deal...CP III hit the winning shot, on a fallaway one foot banker...as he was hobbled most of the 2nd half...great drama...and LA moves on...and the returning champs, the Spurs, are done...

The Fight...like I have said all along...I don't care...and that is not the sentiment of so many people...who couldn't help but catch the battle...somewhere...everywhere...anywhere...really surprises me...as the sport of boxing has been replaced by the battle royal thing...MMA, or something like that...which I don't care for, either...oh yea, Floyd beat Manny...ho hum...

Lost in all this...where the Americans ( and others) flocked to their favorite event...was the Pads winning yet again versus the Rockies...and securing the series...go today for the sweep...a nooner...and have to admit, the timely hitting is nice to see...even though we have not dominated the league, we are a work in process...and keep getting better...I have to continue to tell myself this...I want to win them all...play 'em one at a time...

Finally...today...Cris and I play in the alumni golf tourney in LA...takes a couple of hours to get there...and it's a fun event...as we have won it 3 times...out of 7 that we were there...at Los Serranos...a very long course...whew!...

Sports!...


Comments

Popular Posts