Monday Decaf

Good morning kids...it was a great weekend with my boy at the Member-Guest T out at Sycuan...we didn't win it...but were in the 2nd group heading into Sunday...out of about 40 or so, maybe more...kind of prestigious I'd say...have to admit, not too sure as to the format, or to the winnings...they had changed it since I played in it 2 years ago...oh well, it was great to have shared the event with Cris...and to be in the hunt was fun...and surprising...

BTW...each of the two rounds we played with two different kids who hit the ball over 300 yards...no kidding...I had trouble following the ball in the air, they hit it so high and far...HUGE advantage I'd say...

As expected, the Clip Joint lost their series to the Rockets...in Texas...after the monumental collapse in game 6 in LA...and this is a truth...for all the excitement that Griffin brings to the game...in crunch time, he is a big negative...there are holes in the system for the Clippers...Houston moves on to face GS...who I have been following and enjoying all season...and my fav for these games...

The Pads continued their much less than average play...as the Nats took 3 of 4...and the naysayers are out over Buddy Ball...not sure how much of it to lay on his managerial style this time...as the starting pitchers have been bad...Cashner is now 1-7...and say what you want, he throws a straight ball that the Pros feast on...for all the hype and promise of the season, this weekend's version of SD looked like all the rest of the Bud Black's teams since he's been here...I'm just being real...and after taking a day off, the Cubbies come to town...a true test...and just may be the last week of Buddy Ball if things don't brighten up...ooo, that is downright negative...

Billboard Music Awards...another in one of the many thingers like this...and the winning ways of Taylor Swift is quite evident, huh...she is a dominant figure for sure...get this...I think she has a very tinny voice...but her production far outshines her voice and the field...compare her's to that of Little Big Town and Faith Hill?...no comparison...as they are true vocalists...unlike many of the acts out there now...dancing seems to be the way of this crowd now...it's OK...just not my bag...

DWTS...finals are the next 2 nights...and you know my feelings about this...there are two very good dancers left and the heart-felt soldier, who at best is barely competent...I'll tape it and watch...but despise the lack of knowledge about the real fan vote numbers...I know...I know...I am so repetitive over the subject...

Coffee maker...yes...I have settled in on the Cuisinart...Extreme Brew...and it is EXCELLENT!...for all of you who use the Keurig...throw away the expensive little pods and that machine...and get to this...you'll love me for it...I have tried a lot of different types...this is the best, and the easiest to use...trust Horse...

I listen to some who question the battle against the evil of the world, ISIS...better there than here...and the more the World joins together on this the better this planet will be...

The Boston Bomber kid got the death penalty...and now the appeals go into effect...wonder how long he will be on death row?...as his mother told the media that the USA can burn in hell...such a beautiful woman....sarcasm...

The Preakness...my oh my...mother nature unfurled right before the race took off!...fortunately no lightning...except the bolt that the winner did to the rest of the field (of 8)...American Pharaoh got the 2nd leg of the Triple Crown...and now the longest of the bunch, the 1 1/2 mile Belmont...where so many of the possible thrice winners...lose...Horse got the winner!...and took advantage of TVG's promotion of 3/2...much better than the actual winning odds...

Rory McIlroy...when he is on, he is by far the best in the PGA...BY FAR...as he won the latest T by 7 or 8...which is a lot in the sport...eegads...and over in the LPGA...their T finishes today...bad weather...and lordy, look at Paula Creamer is in the hunt!...been awhile...

Finally, I am beginning my look for a new car...definitely in the preliminary stages...need the Consumer's Report issue (hint, Cris)...and the cost factor is always just that...lease or buy?...this is fun stuff, I tell you...will replace the Toyota Solara...hmmm...

You KNOW I like my coffee black...








Comments

Popular Posts