Super Bowl Sunday

Good morning San Diego...and all parts, really...how's your early day going?...it's a cloudless, and beautiful sunrise here...as we all prepare for the football event of the year...well, now, I thought it was the college one in Texas...but, this will do for today...

My memory takes me back to when these games were considered a joke...really?...yup...as the established NFL allowed a post game with the then called AFL...and the olden teams methodically beat up on the upstarts...until a feller called Joe Willie Namath came along...and led the Jets to a startling upset win over the Colts...wasn't soon after, that the 2 leagues merged...and we have what we have today...

A monopoly of sorts...which helps give us the macabre of top down decisions...that make us average folk, scratch our heads...I digress...

The game...all in all, a great match...as the strengths of both are pitted...the Pat's O and the Hawk's D...defense wins championships...ah ha...such is the lingo that sticks in the minds of all the pundits...will it this time?...it's not like NE's D is that bad...and the Seattle O is terrible...probably will come down to special team play...and the bloody punting...and gasp...the officiating...

I dunno...I have a fear that a crazy play or set thereof...will be the difference...BUT...it's about the event, right?...for all of us yo-yos....our great friends, the Mackles, are hosting...really not sure how many people (not just the ladies) really understand the game...as we imbibe, munch, critique...the commercials...which we ALL know about...and the 1/2 time show...someone tell Katy to keep her breast (s) covered...Janet did not get the memo a few years back...I digress...

OK, I have the Seahawks in a squeaker...27-21...and you should bet the over...if not, it will be the most boring since the grind 'em up days of the old NFL...wait, don't ever...NEVER bet on the NFL...certainly not MY pick...

Other crap...

I bad mouthed Duke to my son in the middle of the game versus Virginia...the used to be undefeated Cavs...as from nowhere, the Blue Devils ran the table and got the W...I know nothing...

Think the Blazers don't need to change up their D?...as they continue to get pounced by lessers...and am I the only one that sees their flaw?...this time to the lowly Bucks...

Tiger was the butt of all jokes out at the club yesterday...and he appears to be headed to Torrey after all...?...by the way, I had an 83...doubled the last...on a very poor choice of a 3 wood...poo...however, there were many more good shots than bad...and I can't always say that...

The Clip Joint just toyed with the Spurs in Texas...go figure...Griffin and Paul were unstoppable...at their respective spots...SA looked and played like old men...er, older men...

For those of you who care, the line on Jim was the same...dang, I told you it must be me...maybe Marsha...yea, that's it...

Did you know that Gatorade has 34 grams of sugar in it?...out the window that goes...back to H2O...

I just can't imagine another Bush running this country...can you?...

It's Bozos and Bad Frogs season...and I'm not talking politics...but I could be...anyway, the scheduling of them...this time in Borrego and Primm...hmmm...

The SD City Council has set up a task force on getting a new Bolt's Stadium built here...this group is very serious about keeping the Chargers...hope it's not too late...

Do watch what you drink today...as there will be check points all over...we are...as we take the elevator down...

Have a SUPER Sunday...




Comments

Popular Posts