No Call

One of my many corrections in my coaching career, was my view on officiating...I noticed this the most when I did radio commentary for high school hoop games...when I had no vested interest in a team or game, the refs were better than I imagined...it's true...now...that doesn't mean that they were good...some were...some were not...

OK...as I am watching the Cowboys/Lions game yesterday...it's one of those who I could care less who wins...in fact, I may lean against Detroit...cuz their brutality gets the pass by the league way too often...anyway...the Lions are nursing a lead...and marching down the field to add to a 3 point margin...get a crucial call for pass interference...obvious hold and face guard...Dallas goes berserk!...knowing the implications of the call...and the impending doom...in fact, out in the middle of the field joining in on the chaos is none other than the helmetless WR Bryant of the Boys...and...somehow...the refs pulled their flag...

Like REVERSED the call...what?...why?...the retired official on the broadcast is aghast...and just as
quickly as it was called, it was not...something very smelly was going on...the Lions drive was stalled...and Dallas got the ball...marched down the field for the winning TD, helped by at least one very questionable PASS INTERFERENCE calls...and the Cowboys were in celebration mode...

I have told you over and over...never, ever BET on the NFL...things like this just don't happen...not only should there have been the PI penalty, but a 15 yarder on Bryant for unsportsmanlike...really, regardless of the PI, the Bryant flag should have been called...travesty...and the league suffers for an embarrassing situation...

BTW, this referee is NOT without past questionable calls...hmmm...

Anyhoo...I am off to the links...eegads, it's supposed to be 80* inland...like out at El Cajon...playing today at Steele Canyon...

Did you watch the opening episode of Downton Abbey...all of the characters had some new input...it was a cool one...if you have not got into this...start at the very beginning...you will thank me later...

Celebrity Apprentice...started last eve, too...did NOT see it...when do the likes of Brandy Glanville qualify?...ha ha...and the repulsive Kate Gosselin...

Time for some grub and get ready...

Comments

Popular Posts