If your gonna play in Texas...

We're number 2...ah yes, an old spanking from the school that we have yet to ever, and I repeat, EVER beat in football...now 0-9...hmmm...Ohio St...where they live and breathe the sport of football...regularly get 100,000 folks to their house...and now...they are back in prominence...

I'm being kind here...but of the 85,000 in attendance at AT &T Park, 2/3rds were them Buckeyes...I couldn't hardly hear the cheers of the Ducks...really...not that that had anything to do with the outcome, but it did seem much like a home game for them...

The stadium itself, for all it's notoriety, is a big joke...passageways are tiny...the seating is straight up...and for a structure that is to house so many peops, it's a designers night mare...built real close to the Texas Rangers baseball park...

LET'S TALK COACHING...Urban Meyer, is a near genius...finds ways to get the most out of his guys...and had his lineman ready and willing...as I have said before, the lack of defensive structure by UO....like all season long...was the undoing of any chance for a W by the Ducks...are you hearing me Duck brass?...

The people in that area...super friendly...and I'm not talking about the waitresses and waiters...people
in general would come up and talk...and welcome us to their land...we were welcome guests and it was way cool...

Cold...biting cold...just above the freezing point...very lucky we got very little moisture...I'm not sure why they don't have all these games in SoCal, Arizona, or Fla...really...

The trip to Dealy Plaza was awesome...and I took some great pix...and I simulated the Zapruder film of the motorcade...from where he stood...and...as I have told you briefly...the area involved is so much smaller than I envisioned...

It was a great trip...with some great friends...but...I was ready to get back home...and lo and behold...it's Marsha's birthday...so what is she getting to do on it?...show property...hmmm...we'll celebrate tomorrow...

Just a break now...and then it's time for some brand new ball...Padre's type...with a totally new look...maybe they'll go back to brown uni's...

Have a great Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts