161-2

It's not a zip code...it's not an address...it's not a secret code...it's not a password...it's the score of a gals hoop team game...really...161-2...high school...and the WINNING coach got suspended for it...says he didn't run the score up...ah ha...

It's a thing that many states discourage...big time...and if you do it, you have to write a letter to the state association...of athletics...explaining why...it happened...and it some cases, well, it does...extreme mismatches...

I had a junior high team that scored a zillion against an opponent...and the principal came and sat behind my bench...just to see what we were doing...the other team kept pressing us...and I rotated kids every 4 minutes...couldn't tell my guys not to score...I looked at the boss and shook my head...he said you're doing nothing wrong...so...

Yes, it's a weird thing...kind of always found a way to not let it happen...pass the ball a lot...and it happens on all levels...

The Buckeyes did not have to score one more time against the Ducks...could have knelt down...a little different in football...and the losing coach will always hold a grudge...been there myself...and I had the opportunity to repay...and didn't do it...different time and different team...

One of the more difficult things you can do as coach...is coach your own kid...of course the awful term of nepotism is brought up...mostly, well, all be parents...and your kid better be good, if you play him...I bring this up cuz, the Clip Show went out and traded for Coach Doc Rivers son...hmmm...it's tough enough watching your kid play...and now he has to watch him play for you...eegads...

The Pads have landed the All Star Game for next year...2016...a feather in their war bonnet....for sure...wait, that's racist and I apologize...it should be in their cap...wait...are there feathers in caps?...I digress...nevertheless, a HUGE deal for the local city...and a very good thing...

You know in golf you can't pour it on...can't in surfing either...in this area, there are high school surfing teams...do the cheer leaders show up for these?...where am I going with this?...

Which brings me to the referees...what?...coaches get fired...it's a rare feat for a ref to get his whistle deafened...I can think of a few that should have been axed...I digress...

The final 4 in the NFL are all dandies...and I could see any of them advancing to the Sooper Bowl...just hope the refs are legit...a question that I have brought up the past 2 weeks...very smelly calls at critical times...odious...I recall a coaching buddy of mine getting T'd for that remark...

Why do the US teams have to go over to London to play ANY games?...I mean, what on earth is the theory?...happens in the NFL and NBA...don't get it...now if they played a MLB one in Cuba, I could SEE that...

For those of you who care...my bp was 118/80...the best it's been for years...I think my doc was even surprised...I sure was....hope my cholesterol is as good...

My ongoing Q...what is this stock market doing?...I have listened to many a bloke try to tell me why...and am not a believer in what they are telling me...seems to me that no one knows...except those who have a ridiculous amount of $...so, I guess someone does know...and we may luck out if we are in the right stocks...

Gas prices are $.70 cheaper a gallon in Texas...what?...yup, I am not a lying to ya...

Hit the links again tomorrow...it's been awhile...and I have no idea how it's going to go...was I good the last time out?...no memory...it's NOT the beginning of dementia...is it?...

Well, we are heading out to the local watering hole with some catch up time with our good friends...I have stories to tell...and mostly the truth...

Did you buy the Meghan Trainor CD?...it's all about the bass...

Comments

Popular Posts