The Best of 2014

Hey now, no complaints about my worst...and that's a good thing...I know some of you wanted the entire K Fam included, but I did so in a secretive manner...the top of the good chart is fairly narrow...not sure I can even come up with 10...ha ha...

I'm going to leave out any politician...well, I would anyway...as there is such apathy to the whole process in this country...when you have only 36% of the peops voting...and before I get going, I am deeply saddened about another plane going down in Euroasia...something is way wrong there...

Here's Horse's best...

1.  Marcus Mariota...who led the UO Ducks to the final 4...and won most every possible award for "best of" this season in D-1 Football...a class act...and will also probably win the 1st pick in the NFL draft...Tampa Bay...if he chooses to go...not a certainty...

2.  AJ Preller...who?...the new GM of the San Diego Padres...that's who...he has generated more excitement to this area than anyone I can think of since we have moved here...how?...by acquiring 3 top stars for our OF that was unimaginable prior to him taking over...

3.  Tie between Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, and Miranda Lambert...for being all that is good in country and pop music...quality songs...great concerts...and perfect role models...totally opposite of Miley...and this is what we want...

4.  Apple...you know, the 1st time I heard of this name, was when the Beatles split off and did their own label...now, it's representing the best in the biz when it comes to the computer, mobile phones, and diversity in tv...really...and all are interchangeable...yup, I have $ in the stock...

5.  Aaron Rodgers...QB of the Green Bay Packers...had a super regular season...and led the Pack to being one of the season's best...duh...did a "Willis Reed" thing yesterday, in their final win over the Lions...came back after halftime, from an injury...

6.  Keurig...for finding a way to get us a fresh cup of coffee without the hassle of grinding and brewing a pot every am...ha ha...well, it's dang good...and a whole lot simpler...and if you like choices, there are a bundle...

7.  Pharrell Williams...for giving us the good time song of the year..."Happy"...I have this for my ring tone for my son...and it does just that...makes me happy...and that hat...Smokey who?...

8.  Jimmy Fallon...in the changeover of the late night TV hosts...he is the best...energetic and fun...has a way with many of the popular peops of the land...and his duets with so many of them, are simply great...his stuff with JT is incredible...

9.  Prez O...he has changed us...in so many great ways...as I said the other day...got us out of war...reduced the % of the unemployed...and in his stay, the cost of gasoline has plummeted...the stock market has risen to it's highest levels...more people are now insured...and yet, the other side is not happy...and, oops, I DID include a politician...

10.  Becky Hammon...who?...the crossover gal assistant coach of the San Antonio Spurs...as the ground breaking female, who can coach with the best of them, regardless of gender...I say hip hip hooray!...maybe part of this goes to Coach Pop, who had the smarts to hire her...

There you go...this fine year...oh yea...this is the day that all them NFL head coaches get the axe...and the pink slips are coming in like fire...so far...SF, NY Jets, Atlanta, and Chicago...and we aren't done, I suppose...

Off to Salt Creek...to play golf and celebrate the birth of one of my partner's kids...it's a good thing...

Comments

Popular Posts