Bye Bye '14

The last day of this year, 2014...and I bid it, adieu...which brings me to this...how in the world is the word bye, spelled that way?...I'm sure as you went through your English classes you were bewildered by the spelling of many of the words we use....or by the many spellings of the same pronounced one...bye...buy...by...it's not like the Hawaiian way...where you emphasize every letter in the word...makes more sense to me...oh well...

Minashu...er, minutia...see what I mean?...it is what I'm all about, I suppose...I see things, and I write about them...I'm not deep...no way, no how...but I am perceptive...ha ha, it's all about me...me me me...and that's what today is...resolutions...maybe you do this...make a list of things that you want to accomplish in the next year...and rarely, and I mean, rarely, get 'er done...

There are some things that need to be changed that we have no control over...we just observe and do more hoping than anything else...like peace for the world...or a singular money service...or religions that take care of themselves and not try to force themselves on others, wait, sorry about that...space exploration...elimination of these silly football bowl games...OK, I'm already off course...or is that coarse?...

It's been awhile since I have played golf in December Oregon weather...yesterday, was like that...really...I didn't take off my stocking cap, until the rains hit...then on came my gore-tex rain hat...and I was luckily bundled...and the wind...oh my, it was a howling...I saw peops running off the grounds...was playing with my Bro and his fam...his kid is a junior in hs...and hits the ball 300 yards...for real...rocket ball...

Somehow, this wizard of GM's...AJ Preller keeps on a dealing...this time gives up OF Seth Smith for a burner from Seattle...Brandon Maurer...and is 24...Padres, kids, are going to be so different...exciting times for us...

It's actually snowing in Escondido!...what?...really...I'm not sure the last time that happened...I canceled my golf at Sycuan...30* this am there, not their...I can wait a few days before I hit the links again...

I believe they have found the wreckage of that Euroasian plane...some bodies and parts of the plane...horrific...

New Year plans?...not us...we are laying low...gosh, I have to find a decent flick to rent...any ideas?...nobody seems to offer much...it's that bad, kids...maybe a Turner Classic...

3 of the bros of the Shepard clan met last eve...dindin and coffee after at our condo...the boys seemed good...and there was talk of a reunion...wait, wasn't this one?...sufficed for me...ha ha...

This is...wait...THIS is the year I learn to speak French...ok, there's one of my resolutions...or, maybe, my only one...I could accomplish this...I've had this CD package for over a year in my cupboard...when is the last time you heard that word?...

The Blazers are rarely on national TV...and have an elite status in the league!...dang...would have lurved to watch the OT win over another sleeper...Toronto...I am betting that was a good game...maybe I have to buy the NBA package at mid season rates...

One of the things that my mother did...which is a Native American trait, Indian to many of you...is when you visit another person's pad, you bring a gift...or something...she ALWAYS did this...my elder Bro did the same thing last eve...hmmm...

Big article in the Trib yesterday on the harms in red meat...affects the body in many negative ways...wait for the Beef Community, er lobbyists, to counter this...

Bye Bye 2014...






Comments

Popular Posts