Vegan?

And that is 3 hours I won't get back...a "cooking class" that we went to last eve...don't get me wrong...in my zest for better ways of living...it has merit...and a lot to it...

Hosted by my Dr. and a cardiologist nurse...who doubled as the "cooks"...they went on a rampage about the sins of animal fat...and on and on...insomuch as to insult me...I get it...

The presentation was more like a real sit down class...which this guy has had way too many of...and included a session where the people in attendance (about 20) had to give testimonials as to why they were there, and what they expected to get out of it...hmmm...

Most of the class were single women...and were there to try some other diet that they hadn't before...many were clients of my Dr....many don't cook...how is this going to work?...hmmm...when the stage got to me...I, of course, slanted my speech sarcastically...."Is this is Seinfeld Episode?...where are the cameras?"...needless to say, I was not a favorite in the group...

This thing is kind of like a religion...it works for the leaders, and thus, they  want to share it with all of the rest of us blokes and blokettes...which included video...and another "doctor" giving virtues of the diet...and then threw tests at us, to see if we were awake...kind of like an Amway session....

I said there was merit...a plant based set of foods must improve one's health....the problem is...how to prepare it to sustain you on a daily basis so you can EXIST on it...what are the recipes and foods you CAN and WILL eat?...ah ha, this is the crux...

My mention to Amway...in their production they lead you up to what you can do with all the $ you are going to make...make you dream...go through a very lengthy process of those who have succeeded...surround you with other "winners"...and at the end of the night, bring on the products that you are going to sell..."which sell themselves"...hmmm...

At the end of this night...there were two recipes that were cooked...one might think that they would be the better of most options to choose from....as to intrigue and keep you motivated...one was a bean (what else?) chili...the other was cooked kale...OMG!...just awful...I could not get the kale down my throat...voila, that will make me lose weight for sure...

OK, I am a doubter...not that it wouldn't work...but I despised the method used to "teach me" ...and for those who are wondering...this "cooking class" is not cheap...

It does make me think...as part of it all, you are given a book...which I read most of, during the night...and we know we have to alter what and how we eat...and by the time we go back (it's 5 weeks)...I have great reservations about the next time...

We will eat oatmeal...and we will eat some bean thingers...but it will NOT BE, that only....just the hard facts, mam....they can't boot me from the class, can they?...I mean, my son paid for it...isn't that a reversal of things?...

Apparently, I am a very bad student...and obviously a thorn in their side...and will this jeopardize my connection with my Dr.?...hmmm...well now, all classes have one just like me....
"Pete, go to the corner"...

Other much less important stuff...

The KC Royals shellacked Jake Peavy and the Giants...10-0, right?...as he didn't get out of the 2nd inning...don't celebrate too soon...the game tonight will be a donnybrook...and the winner gets the crown...very good stuff...

The NBA has begun...the news down here are the LA teams...and the Lake Show started up versus the Rockets...no match...and Kobe is a shell of himself, kids...it will be a loooonngggg season for the pride of LA...which just may be shifting to the Clips now...

The absurd D-1 Committee of football...released their first list of 25...not sure why this is the way it is...of interest to CH, is that the Ducks are number 5 and ahead of Alabama...lots of games ahead...and the SEC keeps knocking one another off the top....and why is Condaleeza Rice in the group?...

And I asked one of the blokes in the know....are these sets of golfing T's considered this season or next?...and he said this season...who knows?...I think they are next...

I am getting new grips on my clubs...now THAT will improve my game...

For those of you who care, the new coffee maker...Black and Decker...Grind and Brew type...is excellent...and is under a hundred bucks...

Bourbon is plant based, right?...

Comments

Popular Posts