Duly Noted

I am in...the Seattle Seahawks are all this and that...terrific defense and a solid offense...and they make good teams look not so good...and the same for the QB's...it is said that the pre-season means nuttin...honey...not in this case...as they showed that not only were they damn tuff, but very deep...and are better than they were last season...whupped Green Bay bad...sorry, Cheeseheads, but it's true...

I spent a goodly portion of my free time (?) yesterday listening and watching the pro football experts talk about the Pack/Hawk game...and finally at about 3 pm decided to bench my numero uno pick of my infamous fantasy football team, the Pack's QB Aaron Rodgers...not that I didn't try to change back right before kick off and was too late...so there it was, I had him on me bench in lieu of SF's Kaepernak...we'll see how that move pays off...

The Pads...got hammered by the DBacks for a 2-2 split of their series...and quite frankly, had a turrible effort in this one...poor play all around and boo....I will note that the GM, the fired bloke that we had not so long ago, Kevin Towers...got the heave ho from Arizona...no lurve anywhere...

The comedienne, Joan Rivers, died yesterday...she held her presence on stage a very long time...in an area that is dominated by the men...and will be missed....odd circumstance for her passing...I figure more to come about this...

The rumor mill is out on one of M's fav shows...Housewives of Somewhere...as the gal villain, Tamra, is to be fired...geez, that's the 2nd mention of a dismissal in this column...I'm like a Hollywood Reporter now...not so bueno...

Blake Shelton is set to perform out at Chula Vista on Sat nite...at the Sleep Train Amphitheater...we'd do this, but it's way out and not our fav place to watch a show...dang...figure he's mighty fine in concert...no Miranda tho...

This court's decision on gay marriage...seems to sway with the wind...some states OK it, and then a couple of months later, ban it...too confusing to me...and the opposition is, too...some religious peops want everyone to feel they way they do...and that's that...hmmm...

This is high school football night...all around the country....just as big, if not bigger, here in SD...there are a whole gaggle of D-1 types...and yet, I have not gone to a game...none of my buds here are interested...one of these days...

The line...rose a 1/2 point on the Duck game, fell a 1/2 on the Beav one, and rose a 1/2 on the Aztecs...

WSU at Nevada...you interested?...the Cougs fav by 3 1/2...really?...take the points...

Are you as bewildered as me to when the PGA Tour finishes up?...this is not the end...they have one more...seems like it just keeps on a going...

The Ryder Cup team...Tom Watson named as his 3 picks...Mahan, Simpson, and Bradley...in my book, some bad ones...sorry Mr Watson, I'd have gone with Kirk, Horschel, and well, probably Mahan...and Tom called Tiger, not Tiger calling Tom...like who cares?...

I think that the season will end without FSU's QB Winston in their lineup...just a gut feeling...he has way too many skeletons...right?...

Finally, 4 of them blokes that we traded away had big days yesterday...Denorfia (M's), Hundley (O's), and Headley (Yanks) all homered...and Street (Angels) had another save...geez...

Cheers!

PS...I know I keep making this point...BUT...Pam Oliver was replaced by another for her sidelining reporting...by whom?...none other than the screeching voice of Erin Andrews!...what on earth is going on?...am  I the only one that finds her not what others do?...at least those who do the hiring...she must have a heck of an agent...

Comments

Popular Posts