The Emmy's

Top of the morning to you...it is dang early, kids...you KNOW my displeasure in the awards season...and the dislike, especially, for the rich and famous getting more so...giving themselves a trophy...eegads, I digress...

But, the Emmy's are a bit different in me mind...it is the tube...wait, no longer tubes...it's the pixels...which we do watch...and have favs...unfortunately, none of mine got one...in fact, if one looks at the numbers, the most watched rarely get 'em...it goes to the "academy" of voters...whoever that is...

Seth Myers did a very nice job as host...did not rip on the famous patrons...er, wannabe winners...like some have done in the past...and kept the show moving at a good pace...the two shows that won most everything were "Breaking Bad" and "Modern Family"....we've tried to watch 'em, and just don't get into them...most of our friends do...so it must be us...?...just can't fathom how "House of Cards" doesn't win anything...such a great series...

Sports...

The Pads finally got home to start a series with the Brew Crew...and stunk up the place...got hammered and released any notion of making the wild card a reality...wonder if this new ownership is ticked off...as the group that they have is way below average...

Trades...all the blokes that we unloaded are playing on teams that are in the hunt for a post season berth...albeit, most of them are doing just what they did here...survive...at a very low level...but get to play on...good for them...
Street (Angels)...1st place
Hundley (O's)...1st place
Blanks and Gregerson (A's)...1st place
Headley (Yanks)...2 back in the wild card...
Denorfia (M's)...leading wild card
Padres...13 back in the west...

I have a week to figure out who I can pick for my FF team...I pick 6th...so what I have done, is gone thru my cheat sheet and eliminated all the blokes I don't want...pretty much all Cowboys...the one in doubt is Dez Bryant...WR...but geez, he gets what he gets from the turrible Romo...who I have had on my team before...and is a wrecking ball...I should be able to get a good QB...as most fantasy pundits say to get a RB prior to a QB...hmmm...

Say it isn't so...but...Tiger Woods fired his swing coach...must be HIM that's screwing up the guy's performances...ha ha...not a fan...nobody should treat his fans the way he does...I mean, it's all about who you are...right?...

Just a few days until the college football season gets going...and I for one, am excited...there is optimism at SDSU, UO, and well, that's the two I follow the most...you PNWers, you get SDSU at the Beavs in the next month...old school vs old school...just drink a lot of bourbon, and you'll get thru it...

You watch any of the pre-season NFL games?...the refs are calling a lot of touch fouls on the defensive backs...and in fact, there seems to be a hanky on most every play...it's a bloody joke...of all things to put the clamper on...booo...huge advantage for the O...

You see that Colorado and Colorado St play their game first, rather than last?...so much for an interstate rivalry...maybe they don't think like that...diff conferences and all...

Today is release day for new music on iTunes...that's my destination as I finish up here...have a groovy day....


Comments

Popular Posts