Innovation

You know who this is?...well, if you are NOT a follower of the WBNA, probably not...she was voted one of the top 15 of all time players in the pro league...nearing the end of her career, she has been dabbling in the coaching field in the off season...

Becky Hammon...CSU grad...and on a number of the pro teams in the league...well...she has been a volunteer coach for...get this...the men's league...the San Antonio Spurs...what?...just seems like she has impressed the innovational head coach there....the one and only Gregg Popovich...widely acclaimed as the best in the biz...at least right now...and it's always about now, right?...

Guess what?...Pop hired her as part of his staff...the first gal ever in a paid spot in the NBA...now this is way cool...and highly deserved....

Which begs the question..."Do you have to play in the league to coach in it?"...many of the best haven't, guy or gal...it's all about smarts...and how you pick up on the coaching...of any sport...

Back in my time...there was a gal coaching the guys at a local high school...her daddy was the legendary Ralph Miller...coach of the OSU Beavers...she coached the frosh...and did a hell of a job...

This past week I met up with some of my old players...guys that I coached 6 years...what?...started when I was a Jr High guy, and then moved up to the high school...and had these blokes the entire time...imagine, they still will talk to me...man, we had loads of stories...each of us...so fun...

I was asked what sport I liked coaching the most...I did football, basketball, baseball, and gal's softball...my answer surprised them...it was football, cuz I knew the least about it...and learned so much in the process...the problem...was that the game was muddled in old time stuff...it beckoned a speed up to it...and now...well, it's just that...innovation...it's why I like the Orygun Ducks so much...

My buddy Snooki, had a long standing offer to take me to a Duck game this season...not as easy as it sounds...flying back up there...him being stuck with me staying there, yet again...so on...you know, old guys partying...well...it's a happening...the Stanford game...Nov 1...so looking forward to it...

An advantage that lots of you have over me...the ability to wash you car or rig in your driveway...I gots none...so there is the place that I will run them through...and lo and behold, this detail place was offering a half off price...and that's what's happening today...keep those old rigs spotless...

The assassination in Afghanistan is one that can't be overlooked...to kill a 2 Star General is totally unacceptable...and unprecedented...we can never look vulnerable...or more than that...BE VULNERABLE...sweeping changes need to be made...start with getting our arse out of that area...

Gulp, good thing I wasn't in Vegas...as my wallet would have been a tad bit lighter...the Pads and Hahn got beat 3-1...a 3 run tater did 'em in...we did get 10 hits, but spread apart...dang...

The PGA starts up tomorrow in the am...and the latest rumor is that Tiger is playing...didn't he just walk off the course in the last T?...remarkable recovery...I digress...watch the Aussie, Marc Leishman...just a hunch...

Hump day...


Comments

Popular Posts