Bad Lies

I am not a fan of men's clubs...er, golf men's clubs...kids (meaning men) can act like the worst jerks anywhere...ANYWHERE!...as witnessed by the latest in the one I'm in...seems like there was a flap about the tee boxes that were to be used in the "Eclectic T"...you see, you enter $ to win...which always causes a major hiccup...

The ones to be used were the whites...but...the problem was that the course is in transition...not all the blocks had been painted...ah ha...and then some of the blokes then used the silver, in lieu of the gold...which were the ones that it was written to be used...and there you go...some guys had shorter holes...duh...

After considerable time and investigations...it was determined that you couldn't tell who used the proper tees and who didn't...thus, the tourney director scratched the T...BOOM!...hell has frozen over...

The blokes who were in the lead or won...were irate...and they voiced their opinion...by different means...most by email...not just to the chair, but to EVERYONE...which created mob mentality...and a ground swell of the "jilted winners"...

The topper was the chair was confronted on the course...while I was a watching...it does not get any uglier...and I am in limbo as to what to do...

Staying in golf...Tiger took himself out of the running for a spot on the US's version of the Ryder Cup Team...which makes it easier on the coach, Tom Watson...whew...

Get this...I was one under after 7 holes...unchartered waters for this hack...promptly 3 putted from 20 feet...too aggressive on a birdie putt...and then hit my drive on 9 approximately 30 feet...on my way to a double...ha ha...I am such a klutz...yet, did finish with a respectable 83...and the game we were playing had no gimmees...

Beisbol...the Pads are in great form...swept the Rockies...and the new it guy, Liriano, hit a monster tater...427 feet...into the upper deck, in the brick building in LF...off we go to Saint Looey...a place that is troubling...not so much for the game....but for the rioting going on in the suburbs...are we not in the late 60's all over again?...

Maybe so, as we just got tix for a concert next Wednesday for...get this...the Zombies...with Rod Argent..."Hold Your Head Up"...our friends, the Chapmans will be in town...and we will definitely get down..."She's Not There"...

Big Bro...I don't get how Frankie thinks that letting everyone in that his sister is famous, helps his game...what am I missing?...

Give me the reason for the drop in gasoline prices...

The Bolts travel to Seattle for a pre-seasoner...and there are blokes who actually wager on these...what?...we play them real soon in a counter...game is tomorrow...will watch the 1st Q...

And today....TODAY...I am heading north for a mini-day at Del Mar....lots of entries in the first 5 races...if I can get lucky I could get a goodly sum...it's Senior Thursday...free entry, program, and half price drinks and dogs...I mean, how can I pass this up?...

And away they go...

Comments

Popular Posts