Class Act

You just can't predict these things...as we were settling in to our seats at Humphrey's...the open air venue that has a number of performers go through...we were waiting on the 5 acts to begin..."The Happy Together Tour"...a gaggle of us type peops were ready...in tie dyed shirts...mostly in the 50+ range...and then...out of nowhere came the powers to be...and this huge chair that was placed right in front of me...ala, the Mob has arrived...and someone special is to be placed...and yup, it was the one and only San Diegan, Bill Walton...they actually put him to my right as to not block anyone's view...we were on the end...

And I must say, the nicest guy ever...he turned NOBODY down for autographs or pictures...and greeted all with warmth and humility...I told him he was a class act...and his response?..."No, I am the lucky one"...he and his buddy repeatedly asked who these blokes were on stage...it took an imaginative mind to figure a few of them out...until they started to sing...

Started with Gary Lewis (& the Playboys)...minus the Boys...there was a house band that backed up ALL the singers...he reminded me so much of a bloke I knew back in my collegiate days in Orygun, Johnny Salstrom...looks wise..."This Diamond Ring"...and other stuff...then came Mitch Ryder...who still has a great voice...joked he'd just got out of prison...not sure if he was joking...finished his set with "Devil With A Blue Dress On"...rouser...and NO, not in the slammer...and ending the 1st part, was a bloke from Grand Funk Railroad...really...have no idea his name...but started with a great "Locomotion"...super energy and loads of giddy up...break...

And like I have said before....Bill Walton took as many photos as I have ever seen during it...and smiled all the way...very cool...

The last part began with a member of Three Dog Night...at 72 years young, he was dynamite...take that Cher...and did many of their hits...the best?..."One"...and the show ended with the base of the Turtles, Flo and Eddie...kind of a comedy act...and yet, they were the foundation of the tour...we left as they were doing their "Happy Together"...all and all, a good night...

Oh yea, one more thing...we travelled via the new cabby type service Uber...you have this available where you are?...very cool...and cheaper...and on time...and a very solid method of getting around....highly recommend...

And...

The British Open...so many blokes in the hunt...expect a hundred changes, minute by minute...yet, I am so surprised that Sergio is staying in contention...and I have been talking about the changes in Rickey...maybe it's his time...I dunno...

The Pads host the Mets...tonight...eegads, I see a one nil game...

Del Mar got off to a roar...and I did get a couple of winners...but am still in a waiting mode...the new turf seems real firm...

Off to get the dog groomed and us some grub...

Comments

Popular Posts