U S Open

Par is good...for this event...the 2014 version of the US Open...as you know I'm in a group that tries to predict the eventual winner...and I have won two of the 3 events thus far...hmmm...and this time, I went out of the country....what?...you want Lefty...and if you listen to him, you'd think it was his already...not so fast my friends...you need blokes who plod around the course...and keep the ball in play...and putt lights out...you like the young sensation Spieth?...maybe...but I went for some others...settled on McIlroy, Rose, McDowell, Kaymer...and my long shot?...Matsuyama...another youngin with a great short game...

Game number 4 of the NBA finals...each game is different...the changes that Pop made to his Spurs...nothing more than brilliant...having his number 3 and 4 guys attack the hoop...and the Heat were lost...and did lose...with the incredible record of non back to back losses, Miami must be favored tonight...so who does what?...LeBron must dominate early...if not, well that streak of their's will be in doubt...and they don't want to go back to SA down 3-1...I have massaged it enough, Miami in a thriller...

The inept Pads continue on...being shut out yet again in Philly...a team itself that has been turrible...but not when SD arrives...we have blokes on our team that no one else would play...imagine the number 4 hitter...the "clean up guy", batting under the Mendoza Line...and with very little pop in his bat...I have to tell you about another defensive gem...Philly at bat...Rollins at first...Howard up, so the Pads have a shift on...with 3B Headley behind 2B...Rollins steals...the throw goes to Headley...safe...and then he nonchalantly tosses the ball back to the P...wait!...we have no one on 3rd...off goes Rollins to 3rd....as the lumberjack Headley tries to beat him there...brilliant...lack of preparation my friends...or awareness...

Reminds me of when I was coaching Jr High football...and we were making this big comeback...and if we were successful on an onsides kick we may get the win...I tell our kicker to do so...and bam...he comes up and barely hits the ball off the tee...and then falls on it...I assumed, get that, I ASSUMED he knew what I meant...all I could do was smile...it was my fault...and for thereafter called it a difflefanger....can't remember how the name came about...but it stuck...so Manager Black, maybe YOU can take responsibility for the error by Headley...ha ha...try Headleyfanger...

Last night at a big time realtor function, a fund raiser for something...eegads, I should know...there was a 50-50 split drawing...and the amount was about half of $1850...around there...and at the waning moments of the suspenseful drawing...we switched one of our tix to another couple for one of theirs...you KNOW where I am going with this....that TICKET that we switched away was the winner...all worked out, as she gave the proceeds to the charity...as we would have...was funny, though...er, I think I would have...I might have...I could have...I should have...I may have...

I made up a CD of the Best of Little Big Town...I'm telling you right now kids...it is great...they have such great harmony and songs...I told our fav waitress the other day, that they reminded me of Fleetwood Mac...she responded "who are they?"...what are you listening to?...kids these days...

Gotta find out when the Open is OPENED on the tele...




Comments

Popular Posts