Just a Name

Shirley!
Shirley Shirley bo birley
Remember this song from way back...by Shirley Ellis...
"The Name Game"...
Like a pop culture thing that you couldn't get out of your brain...for goodness sakes, it just a name...BUT...this was all fun...in those times also, there were mean names used...and accepted by way too many people...and sport's franchises gobbled them up...one of them oldie but goodies was by the NFL team out of Washington DC...they got their kicks out of the "Redskins"...abruptly changed from the Braves after one year...

This where I get conflicted...I don't want the idea of the Native American to die...and I like the glorification of symbol...but just not in that context...there are those people throughout our land that use that sort of thing in a most disgusting manner...like the chop at the Atlanta Braves and the Florida St games...repulsive...I was scouting a team out of Roseburg HS, they called themselves the Indians...and the school's band used their girl dancer as Sacajawea...another repulsive name...

Anyway, there is a great movement to get the name changed of the Wash team...and owner Dan Snyder is leading the blockage of it...what a piece...why doesn't he try white trash...or white eyes...honkey...see what I mean?

Tony Gwynn...
Best Padre ever...
The list of his accomplishments as a baseball player is unending...a career batting average of over .330...had a chance at .400 in the strike shortened season...led the team in all positive things...

But even better than that...a class human being...who went on to be the coach at SDSU...and still would do Pad's announcing when in town...his plate was full...

The city has been honoring him...and there is to be a humongous memorial next Thursday out at Petco...7:19 pm....mister 19...

The LPGA US Open...
Back at Pinehurst Number 2
The main topic is the qualifying of an 11 year old...geez...I can't imaging what I was doing at that age...I do know...out at Sycuan yesterday, there were 11 and 12 yr old girls in a T...and I passed them on number 18...I somehow was in "their" fairway....and had to wait for them to strike their shots...OMG!...I'd kill for their swings...amazing...

She won't win, of course...that will be the likes of any of the South Koreans...or maybe Stacy Lewis...kind of hope that Michelle Wie can get in the hunt...doubt it....as you have to scramble there...

Still bugs me that they have to play right after the guys plowed it up...doesn't seem right...

MLB...
Highlights...
The Pads won!...albeit it was after the departure of King Felix...who was basically unhittable...and found a way to get the V at 2-1...and then the closer, Houston Street, mopped up for his 19th straight save...there's that number 19 again...

Clayton Kershaw threw a no-no against the Rockies...big deal...really...Colorado has some fine hitters...when K is on, he is THE BEST...and to do what he did, proves it yet again...

Take a long look at the White Sox...as there power blokes are something else...not sure if their park is that easy to hit one out...

Iraq...
Troops?...
I get that we have to protect our embassy...but why do we have to have one in every country...what a hell of a job...

I still think that my idea of a split in the country would have great benefits to all concerned...North and South Iraq....and the notion that we are partnering up with Iran...what?...

Phones...
Newest releases...
So the latest is the one that Amazon just put out...only by AT &T...the Fire...what?...not sure what it gives that all the others don't...

I am waiting on the iPhone 6...I want bigger, but not too big...and faster...and a better camera...shoot, I don't know...I think I have had like 6 cell phones thus far...

Cameras
Pix of SD...
I am going on a journey today and take pix of the city...I have threatened to do this for some time...and am wondering if I need a new father's day gift of a new and better camera...

The camera in the phone is OK...but not near the ability of what you can get in a snap and shoot...in the new ones...

New blog...
Marsha...
You must take in the new blog that Marsha has started up...daily she goes through the happenings of the city...and then talks about a new listing that is out there...

It's all you could want in a quick view of the properties...there are some great buys out there right now...if you are looking for a 2nd home...or maybe get in the area for some fantastic weather....

POW...
Exchange...
How do you feel about the 5 for 1 deal that the Prez made?...there are some Q's about what this guy was all about...I get the "no man left behind"...

But was the price too steep?...and if he is going to military court to get a lifer...well, it is a gray area...I guess...I def can see why Congress was NOT told ahead of time...think they can keep a secret?...unless it's about their $ they get from the lobbyists...can't be done...

Quick hits...
6/19/14
Everyone of the K fam has bared their skin, right?
Where is the plane?
Mexico/Brasil...nil/nil...OMG!
Apple stock split and is not going crazy...why not?
If I could drive it straight, I'd be somebody...
Bachelorette's Andi fav saying..."stop!"
New JLo CD, trying to be 21 again...so says me...
PBS's show on the "Freedom Riders" was splendid...

OK...Now say Bo:  Bo
Now say Tony with a B:  Bony...

Comments

Popular Posts