THE Error

It's the name in the news...and I can remember that situation like it was yesterday...as we were at a Coaches getaway...talking about the upcoming season...'86 World Series...as I was a Met fan at the time...I suppose I have wavered my allegiances so much over the years...you know when your base is in Oregon, you just may change teams often...it was a BIG DEAL to go and see a Big League game...I digress...Mookie Wilson was at bat...and the Red Sox sent out BILL BUCKNER  to 1B to keep his bat in the lineup...a very good hitter...yet, he was hobbled due to an injury...and Mook hit a curling squiggly grounder to him...and it worked it's way through the legs of Buckner...which led to the winning rally by the Mets...which I was jumping up and down about...this was game 6...NY won the 7th and the Series...

In Boston, it was a tragedy...and moreso for Buckner...as he was saddled with infamy...as the biggest blooper in the history of the franchise...and for years...I mean YEARS...the town would NOT FORGET!...and geez, I won't let you either...

I bring this up because...the Padres have brought up to pitch today...Billy Buckner...and believe it or not...he is no relation to the infamous one...well, his daddy must have been thinking otherwise when he named him Billy...right?...have to admit, I have never ever heard of him...there has been no mention of him in the Trib...weird...

I tell you each and every time I really rip the Pads, they respond with uncommon force...as they put eleven...11! runs on the board and beat the Cubbies in game 2 of the series...go figure...we go against the fireballer Travis Wood tonight...not a good situation normally...but he has yet to beat SD...hmmm...and...we are favored yet again...don't ever bet on MLB...

The NBA kicks back up again today...as the Heat host the Pacers...can't imagine Indy winning...so bet all your life savings on Miami....wait, don't...you never know...

I do like the retro Padre jerseys better than the modern day ones...

Have an error free Saturday...




Comments

Popular Posts