Print

One of the things that I thrive on...is not what most everyone else I know does...what?...I'm talking the printed newspaper...a staple for the last 100 years or so...but...with the onslaught of the modern thinger...this internet buzz...people are not buying and reading it...in fact, the latest stat is at...gulp...23% of the Americans do so...what?...and online?...just a scant 6 % more...in fact, most people watch the news in lieu of reading it...hmmm...

I suppose it goes to my lurve of the sporting field...that draws me so much...because the TV sources do  more of a national coverage...and the local stuff is but a few minutes worth...so...depth comes from the printed source...in fact...in SD, the local rag, the Union Trib does a marvelous job of covering the sports...normally 10 pages or so...

The lifeline to most papers is the local's advertisements...without it, where on earth would they go?...you can do so online...but, the lack of readers on that part, doesn't warrant nor pencil out...so...it becomes more of another issue...

The dumbing of the masses...fewer people understand the written language...like reading books, too...another losing proposition...as more and more people would rather watch the story via a movie...I would love to hear the English teachers take on this topic...it has to be very disheartening...

I have felt for years that the modern day graduate knows a little about a lot of things...but not anything in depth...very well...so they can kind of talk about pertinent subjects...a wee bit...but ask where Nigeria is on the map...and you would get a bewildered look...or who Joseph Conrad was...same stare...or even who Dwight D Eisenhower was...I could go on...

Sorry...I just had to get it out...

For you who need this...

The Blazers won one...finally...and salvaged at least some type of respectability...don't get me wrong here...this is needed...but...inevitability is upon PDX...I did not see the game...did they change their D?...ha ha...I bet not...

The TV sports pundits just won't let the gay football guy thinger go...the "kiss" that he had with his mate after getting drafted in the NFL by the Rams...that people are torn by the showing of it...get over it folks...this is life...

DWTS...the people left are all pretty dang good...the older gal...well, older than the others...is NOT as good...but must have quite a voting following...which is cool...I have always wished that they would show the actual numbers...in all of these reality ones...like Idol...the winner?...you can't predict that...but Derek usually wins, right?...

I worked on my putting yesterday out at Balboa...hey, it's a great green...and 5 minutes away...which always gets me wondering why I joined way out at Sycuan...a 30 minute drive...and the Muni is a nice track...wait, I know...it's the gang I play with...btw...93* today right here...and over 100* at Sycuan...I am NOT GOING to the links...

OK, you tv gawkers...did you see the Anderson Cooper interview of Donald Sterling?...kind of reminded me of Uncle Leo on Seinfeld...does not excuse him for his beliefs and actions...and his continued ripping of Magic Johnson...does he not know he is on the "hot seat"...as he awaits the other owners vote on his keeping of the Clips...hmmm...when is this happening?...

Drink lots of agua today, kids...


Comments

Popular Posts