Opening Day

Good morning kids...it's OPENING DAY!...well, it's opening night...as the Bums are in town...sporting their ludacris $233 million dollar team...the Pads are at $83 million...so, they are 3 times better, right?...ha ha...

The festivities are grand...the block party starts at 10 am...what?...yup...there's one thing...that at least half of the blokes going to the game...are BUM FANS!...the Latino Connection around here are huge LA followers...it's true...just grin and bear it...

I have been alluding to whom the catcher is going to be...it is Rivera...what?...seems like he catches our starter, Andrew Cashner, the best...by the way, a great article in the Trib about the life of him...the line?...oh yea, the Bums are favored...

This paper does a marvelous job in covering the Padres...and the MLB, in fact...

The aforementioned Miller Bros...in my yesterday's blog...both got beat...as Dayton and Arizona got the boot...the latter, Wildcats and Wisconsin fray....was a beaut...went to OT...and was horribly officiated....too bad, as the combatants were giving their all...a charge call topped it off...I did not care  who was the winner, but when the refs TAKE over the game...it's wrong...just wrong....

Cloudy today....too bad...as it will take away from the finals out at Aviara...Paula can't get anything going and will not be part of the final pairing...Cristie Kerr...watch out for her...but geez, she is sloooowwww...hate that...

Lefty pulled out of the Valero Open in Texas...told you...he's old and brittle...pulled a muscle in his side...an unknown Aussie is leading...so hard to win on the tour...just 2 weeks away from the Masters...

Marsh and I went down to Barley for happy hour yesterday...my oh my, there are some odd folks roaming the streets of the GQ...I'm just saying...today is a wine tasting thinger over at the Marriott on the Bay...odd, that it would be the same time as OD...we have a group going...

Futility is over...as the 76ers finally won...after 26 straight losses...I mention this cause I had a team that lost 21...my oh my, that was NOT fun...worked my arse off...

And the missing plane?...is still just that...

Time for some breakfast...and GO PADS!






Comments

Popular Posts