Yore

Back in the day, it was the way to conserve fuel...by buying a 4 banger...get your mind out of the gutter...it was the way of the land...4 cylinder engines, in lieu of the 6 and 8's...which used up so much of the recently high priced commodity, gasoline fuel...and lines were formed to fill up your tanks...it was 24 cents a gallon...really....in my time of changing cars as often as my caps...I had a number of them...here is my F 85...there you go, nostalgia...

Just so happens, the movie that I talked about yesterday, The Back Up Plan, was on the tube last eve...and we watched it in it's entirety...starring JLo...it was wonderful...and definitely a Valentine's Day type...she is really a great actress...really...

The Bill Grier's version of USD hoops lost a big one to Santa Clara...at home...gosh, they play hard...and with purpose (note that Ducks)...but are so limited to the talent...I don't think one of these blokes would start for most other teams...which, sorrowfully, is the biggest part of the job...recruiting...

On the other hand...SDSU continues on...and methodically whipped Nevada ...and continue on with but a one loss season...lordy, they play great D...

What percentage of the population goes to church on Sundays?...it wasn't that long ago, I figure it was near 50%...

Why the decline?...of course, the Catholic thing had to have had an impact...but why the others?...the Mormons have had to stay stable, right?...I remember listening to grads of the old Western Baptist College (now Corban), tell me that Mormonism is a cult...why were they so impassioned about that?...I mean, how did that affect them?...er, you are a Christian, right?...

Faith...you must have it...I guess...it's just that too many of those who propose it, are dependent on the $ that one gives...look at the past...where so many of the preachers...who become so famous...found to be such money grabbers...that live in ridiculous luxury...and then get found out...and boom!...fall out of the sky and go straight to ___....well, isn't that what they are preaching about?...

I have the best eye dr company...Downtown Optical...my frames fell apart...and they are sending them back to the manufacturer to get them resomethinged...I don't see how they can resurrect them...oops, there is that word...my eyes have changed just enough...that all of my old glasses don't feel or see right...like I have 10 or so...who's so vain?...

Me head cold is finally leaving me body...got a decent night of sleep...and have to be good enough to go to an "Artist's Party"...a meet and greet the artist...you KNOW I am a very artsy guy...

Shhhh...don't tell anyone, but I already got M a Valentine's present...shhhh...of course, it is to be delivered on or before....got my doubts....

Speaking of dead flowers....was I?...the local station did a segment on the online ordering of them....and too many of 'em were actually delivered...eegads, dead...take in the cost of the delivery, normally like $45...it is an extreme cost...hey you, I mean YOU, get on down to the local florist and pick out the live ones you want to give...

OK, I am real domestic...I made some cinnamon rolls from scratch...and my friends, they are spectacular...

The Seattle gal who was reconvicted in Italy...guilty, not guilty, and guilty again...seems a bit extreme to me...and she should not go back there...would you trust any judicial system that ignores the Mafia?...

Not sure, but the golf at Pebble Beach looks awful...I guess it is an honor to play there...I think I'll pass...

Winter Olympics...not really my thing...in fact, I watch very little of it...is that a bad thing?...OK, I'll try....but they are always on tape delay...

My computer is telling me that there is malware on my Facebook account....so what do I do?...should I erase it and then start over?...er, that is delete...I guess I'll ask Google...

In the mean time, I wish all of my readers, a brilliant Sunday...

Comments

Popular Posts