Thing of the Past

Is it so hard to say "thank you?"...I mean c'mon...I can not tell you how many times we have paid for dinners and or drinks...and nary a word is spoken...like it was understood that we were going to foot the bill...what?...in olden times, there would be a note written and sent to the gracious hosts...and some still do that...Marsh does...or...like opening the door for someone...nothing...no words...maybe even a nod would do...is it so hard to say, "pardon me?', if you are unsure of what was said?...or,  I retrieve a ball out of the lake for some bloke...nuttin...where have all the civil salutations gone?...good morning...have a good day...you look nice...do you need directions?...good evening...and on and on...is it that we the people have turned into heathens?...I guess my big rant is...those who fail to follow up on something that was done for them...I could care less about monetary retributions...I just want a "thank you!"...

I have made jest about the Worm...as he has traveled to North Korea on his own...apparently for his own agenda...as there is no way on this earth he would be sent as a good will ambassador by this country..."he is bordering on treason", so said the Bachelor host, Chris Harrison(?)...I tend to agree with him...as he gets an audience that is bordering on extreme humor, and then, pathetic apathy...then the peops get upset about his mission...more to come on this...

The Super Bowl is going to be held in Jersey...I'm sure you know this...but there are great concerns about the weather...so there are those who say it should be only held in warm climate cities...I disagree...it should be rotated in all of the NFL sites...why not?...all of these venues are huge...and have plenty of hotels to accommodate the influx of visitors...are they worried about the reporters?...certainly, not me...people are going to go to it, regardless of the host...

My two NBA teams won last eve...PDX woke up in the 2nd half and got the pathetic Magic...and the Clips almost gave away their game to the Celts...yet, both notched W's...back to Portland...they have to start playing proper D...they get lost on screens too easily...and that is what everyone...I mean everyone runs...please, hedge them and recover...right?...they don't do it...I think I heard that the Lake Show have lost 10 of their last 11...and they didn't want Phil Jackson...right?...fodder for all of those people who lurve to chant, "beat LA"...now they save that for the Clips, when they are in town...the shame of it all...

On the domestic front...I finally found a fool proof method of cooking bone in pork chops...what?...you thought this was only about sports?...naw...I do other things...here it is...use a rub, salt and pepper...sear the meat in a cast iron pan...and then pop it in the oven( uncovered) at 425* for 6-10 minutes...let it rest for 5 minutes...it will be perfectly done and tender...trust Crazy Horse...

One of the more dubious honors given to retired ball players...is MLB's Hall of Fame...voted on by sportswriters...it should be called the Sportswriter's H of F...let this one be voted on by the players and managers...of course, the big beef is whether to vote in those who may or may not have taken PED's...most who don't get the votes, are negated by rumors...and not by facts...very odd and deplorable method, don't you think?...

This breaking news fired straight from Facebook...I mean this is hot...the original Bob's has been demolished...the building on Capitol and Hood...where I spent many a time eating the splendid 25 cent cheeseburger...now THIS is news...I will always miss that...in fact, everyone from my era, will...Salem, Oregon...kids...it is said, "you can never go back"...well, now there's no reason...

Our road trip yesterday got us all the way to Kearney Mesa...oops...and we had lunch at a place called Cipotle...I think that's right...where they make the burrito right in front of you...very much like what you do at Subway...I wonder if it is owned by the same blokes?...

You heard of Heaven Hill Bourbon?...rumor has it, it is divine...wait...is that a word that CH should use?...I mean it doesn't sound gruff enuff for me...should be tasty...or buttah...or deep...or earthy...or oaky...or meaty...

I apologize and please "accept my short givings on the issue..."










Comments

Popular Posts