Blazers

It's time I devote some of this blog to the Portland Trailblazers....the overachieving team out of the great PNW...or, are they that?...let's break them down...returning to the fold are 4 of the starters from last season...LA, Batum, Mathews, and their much improved PG, Lillard...they added a veteran C in the twin kid from Stanford, Robin Lopez...and the shooter guy for the bench in Mo Williams...some decent drafts and there you have it...so why?...why are they better?...

As I have told all the folks that will listen...they have ALL the parts...the shooters, the defenders, the unselfish play...well, LA stretches that point...and a decent bench...Lillard leads the league in made 3 pointers...Batum guards the best that the opponent has...LA does the clutch shooting...Mathews is as deadly as any from downtown...and Lopez gives them the right to do so...

Fast, fun, fairly imaginative...that's their mantra...don't rely on the stupid pick and roll for their O...and if there is a flaw, they don't hedge enough...we'll see...tonight they are at SA...where it is difficult to win...and Coach Pop...will he play his bigs?...cagey vet, that one...

So I play in the match out at Chula Vista...paired up with a nice guy....who I have never played with before...or ever talked to....ever...and we are against a duo that are buds...who talk about this, that, and wherever, they should be putting the ball...you are getting my drift right away...of course, I start out miserably...down 3 after 3...and looking to be humiliated...my partner?...the same....eegads....then I go streaking and win a bunch and go 2 up at the turn...and BOOM!...my opponent goes birdie, par, birdie...on his way to a one under back nine...I am NOT going to match that...and get beat 3 and 2...boo...and because our team was behind the entire way...he was always hitting first...I couldn't put the pressure on him...and, well, he did so to me...hitting every green...or on the fringe...poo...really, this is not what I am all about...I love to hit balls...much like I did when I played softball...I liked the batting practice...more than the games...I didn't enjoy the format...if I was with a guy that I was friends with...maybe...just maybe...not my thing, kids...in fact, I am going to take a break from the game...cool me jets...

I was watching the TV last night and there was another awards show for the pretty people...Critic's?...not sure what group it was....but the same ones that were at the Golden Globes (Not KK's)...were there again...and I think there is a Screen Actor's Awards coming up soon, too...and the same blokes will be there, too...enough already...you make billions of $ doing a movie...and now expect to get a trophy for it...I'll give you one, if you make a flick that is decent to view...geez, am I cynical or what?...

Did not see the Clips playing so well after CP111 went down...PG Collison has filled in nicely...and the PF Blake Griffin, has upped his game. BIG TIME...the other LA team?...chaos and confusion...and downright awful play...how long do they keep that coach on?....have they spent too much on him to let him go?...ha ha...lurve the losses...

NFL...who you have for the 2 games this Sunday?...well...I have the Pats beating the Broncos..."hurry, hurry, hurry, Omaha..."...what?...you listen carefully and you'll know what I mean...and the Seahawks over the 49ers in a thriller...what's the weather like in Seattle?...

Gotta get going, but did you happen to see our favorite mother of all time on NBC?....Kate with her twin daughters...trying to milk the system for another buck...as the young gals didn't say much, and the chagrin that lovely Kate showed?...ha ha...what a .....


Comments

Popular Posts