The Weekend

Nothing like starting your day off with a great cup of Joe...olden version of the nowadays Starbucks...I suppose...and do you get in your rig and go on down to the local drive thru?...in Oregon, it is Dutch Bros...great stuff...most every other part of the world, it is Starbucks...or do you brew your own?...like Folgers...wait, do they still make that?...or I know a lot of peops use the Costco Brand...dang cheap and dang good...Me?...I use a grind and brew...just got a new one, a Breville...been with a Capresso forever...it has a thermal carafe to it...we'll see how that works...the cooking store I go to (yup, you heard me right) swears by it...Good News...the beans are from everywhere...do like the French Roast stuff...I like it rich and deep...like a good wine, almost indescribable...

I was worried that someone was going to wake up the Trojans...and they were the dominant team last night at Corvallis...for sure...controlled the line of scrimmage, thus, the game...and won easily...the Beavs?...their QB Mannion had a very poor outing...and...well...just got beat up....sorry OSU fans, but it is true...

Loads of games in the NBA...go figure the Heat losing twice out of three...already...last night it was to the Nets (Brooklyn)...who, as I hate to admit, will be a major player...they are deep and talented...the Clips got another one....at Sac...where it is always hard to play...the bigs hit free throws...really...and CPIII did his thang at the end...it is a loooonnnngg season...I will buy the NBA package...just too many choices to not want it...did I say that right?...

Heading out to the Breeder's Cup...well, the off track that carries it...it's a long drive to SA on a Saturday...went there for another one of those a few years back, with our friends the Zbells...the dirt is speed biased...what does that mean?...the hosses who get out, stay there...for some reason, it is hard to close in it...must be heavy...so...figure that in to your handicapping...if that is what you are doing...it's also on regular TV...if you have a TVG account, you could bet that way, too....just a lot of ways to throw your money around...

Florida St and Miami...both undefeated...yet, FSU is favored by 3 td's...maybe so...these guys know this stuff...hate, I mean , HATE, the fake Native chants and chop signs that the school uses...the Seminoles...I digress...on that subject, did you see what that foo owner of the Washington "Redskins", Dan Snyder said?...he would never change the name of Wash...it is meant as a compliment to the town and area...town?...it is a district, CH...check out the history of the names used in that area...and why...it is brutal...shoot, call them the skins...and you can add what ever you want to that...like "whiteys"...I digress...

Got my new prescriptioned contacs yesterday...and I see better...what?...still can't figure how my eye sight improved over the last 2 years...just doesn't make sense...and yes, it was 84* yesterday...absolutely gorgeous...here, not inland...took the dog for a nice walk on the bay...

What a sad and bizarre situation at LAX...there is no way of stopping something like that...the shooter is still alive, right?...hang him...sorry...but something bad needs to be done...these scums of the earth think of themselves as martyrs, I guess...staying in this field...it will be 50 years since the assassination of JFK this month...and there are loads of books out there, decrying that there was or was not a conspiracy...I say...there was...someday, the info will finally get out...

There is a new thing that I have on my blog...if you look to the left, in the column just below my lovely picture...there is a widget (thinger) that has a submit to my email...FOLLOW BY EMAIL...if you enter that, you can have my blog sent to YOUR EMAIL everyday...like a fine cup of joe in the am...it will always be there...it works...Marsh and I tried it...so...rather than trying to find where and  what I have said for the day...it will come straight to your email box...do it...

Doesn't a short stack of pancakes sound real good right now?....




Comments

Popular Posts