Forbe's Rankings

The latest version of Forbe's Magazine...has the ranking of the top colleges and universities for 2013...not that you or I went there...or that we could have afforded it...and the number 1 was no surprise...Stanford...but...sandwiched between the 3rd best, Princeton, was the this smallish college from Claremont Cali...yup, Pomona College...number 2...it's been forever, that I have been touting how  hard it is to get into that school...

OK, it's where my son went...and it taught him how to study...I'll never forget his question to me one eve in his 1st semester there..."dad, do you expect me to get straight A's?"...telling me how rigorous the courses were...not one student graduated from there with a 4.0...in his class...yet, most all of them entered with nothing but A's...different world for sure...

And he goes back often...and is very proud of his school...as I have been...this ranking just solidifies what I have been saying now for 14 years or so...check out the mag...

So you are probably wondering how I responded...it is as clear as this day...I told him to do his best, whatever that was...shoot, the only time I ever got straight A's was in the 5th grade...so the territory he was in, was foreign to me anyway...ha ha...

The Pads...dang...it was too much to think that we could get 3 in a row...got mowed down by the Brewer's Kyle Lohse...a real pitcher...carves the plate up...which gives SD fits...throw the heater, and we are a diff team...one odd thing in the game...Milwaukee had guys on 1st and 3rd...and we tried to pick off the bloke at 3rd...and the runner from 1st broke to 2nd...and would have been gunned down easily....would have...but the old umpire was in the baseline, and the throw from 3B bounced off his butt...and the runner from 3rd scored....the 3rd and most decisive run of the game...in the 7th or 8th...which brings me to this...there should be an age thinger for the umps....the younger ones could have jumped out of the way...this guy could only manage to turn his head...facts, kid, facts...

Just another of the many things that needs to be changed in the game...the biggest?...the use of instant replay...it's a slow game that is videoed all over the place...

We got out to Del Mar yesterday...it was the free and easy one...sign up for the "card" and you get in for free...get a program...get a seat in the 3rd level, for free...and 1/2 price off dogs and beer...at but one concession stand...that is a bummer...well, it can't be perfect, right?...and the place was packed...many families...and which comes with that....NOISE...ha ha...I am getting old...crotchety...well...I hit the Pick 3...cashed a bit...lasted 4 races...remember, I'm with M...and took the the scenic ride home by the water...it was a fun time...next time we are going to the Turf Club...where I have to wear a sports jacket and long pants....???...do I have such a combo?....or, either one?...Macy's, here I come...

I always wondered how the Europeans stay safe, with their trains going so fast....well...
Weiner is out there somewhere...
George?...what?...with all the cool names out there?...where is Dugan?...
In this day in age, you should never lip sync your hit (s)...
Hear me, young stars?...Selena...
Filner is out there somewhere, too...
It's relatively cool....feels great...
Have you seen the show about 2 naked peops, a man and a woman...
For 21 days in the jungle or equivalent...
Oh my...
The seniors try their luck over the pond now....
Freddy all the way...




Comments

Popular Posts