Blue Bayou

I was thinking back in my time...way back in my time...about the great singers that passed through my ears...and realized that there were a whole gaggle of them...really good ones...and some go unnoticed for the most part...like James Taylor, for example...he has had so many wonderful songs to sing along to...you get the idea...

One of them is legendary songstress, Linda Ronstadt...my age to boot...her claim to fame were hits like Blue Bayou, You're No Good, Different Drum...amongst others...she actually started in the country field, went pop, then dabbled in the classics...all very good stuff...my favorite of all?...her connection to Nelson Riddle and his Orchestra...check it out, kids...

Of course, I am into real songs now...not the synthesized crap that the record companies are putting out...so, the country people are easily my favorites...must be my age and stuff showing through...are you going to iTunes?...if not, I hope you have a good site...I'm all mac, so it fits real well with the computer system of Apple...they have done it right...really now, look deeper than her pop hits...I've Got A Crush On You....and many more...

Looking back at the marvelous finish of Lefty...at the Open...birdied 4 of the final 6 holes...remarkable and worthy of the crown...he genuinely seems like a good bloke...despite the nickname the other pros have stuck to him...the fans like him...and he treats them right...not like someone else does...

And the Pads lost again...this time 3-2...yet better effort...and Gyorko had a blast at the top of the wall hauled in to finish the game off...too bad...our best pitcher was going...thus the low runs given up...still, we need an overhaul on the offensive side of things...duh...

Del Mar...great opening week...and yup, I have yet to go...this week I'm sure...I'll just let the crowds dwindle away...and I will have a better grip on what jockeys and trainers to go with...

We opened the windows and let the fresh air in...in lieu of the AC...it was a great night...
Lady Kate is in labor...now, THIS is news...
In my mind, equal to KK's...
Why do the Gator fb players get in trouble more often than all others?...
Woody won!
And PC did not...to an Italian, right?...
ARod and his situation....very smelly...
The Network is awesome...
Big Brother is bothersome...
Housewives are worse...
Have a good one...

Comments

Popular Posts