State of Music

Back when I coached...like this is ancient history now...I would have a state of the union address in the last week of the season...and I need to do the same for the STATE OF MUSIC...as it is...as witnessed in last night's Billboard's Music Awards...and quite frankly, the rest of these types of award shows in the past year...it's a mess...I repeat, a mess...I understand the fads of rap, disco, country, teeny bop, and the list goes on...I get that...but what I don't get is non-talent that is famous...and make $ due to the production of whatever they have...

I get the beat...the danceable stuff...and there is a bunch of it out there...it drives the dance halls...that's cool...but eventually, some body has got to sing...and actually carry a tune...the people will drive out the fakes...I am amazed that peoples like the Bieb can endure the spotlight as long as he has...well, he is one of them that will fall on his face...and you know how the media will love this...it's already begun...

There are those out there that are good and have it...like Taylor Swift...she doesn't have a great voice, but writes here own stuff and is now...and she puts on a great show...Carrie Underwood...just the best out there now...country or pop...Kelly Clarkson...and there are others...some cool groups...Maroon 5....Lady A....

BUT...go ahead and name me some other good singers...go ahead, where do you start?...
The art of singing is down...and we need 'em...so kids...it's time to pay for the real deal...they are out there...Idol had 3 dang good ones...and the peops didn't watch as much...so...where are we?....

Other stuff...
PGA at the Byron Nelson...crazy high winds...and the winner was a South Korean...Moon-Bae...steady eddie...beat the nervous nellie, Keegan Bradley...who plays like he is on ddt...hit the ball!....

The Pads split the series with the Nats...getting a whopping 13 runs...everybody getting a hit, except the  pathetic C Hundley...it's 8 days until Grandal returns...this my friends, is big...

The semis in the NBA...so far, the Spurs in a walk over the Grizzles...who fizzled yesterday...booooring....and the Heat/Pacer game...will be turrible...

The count is on for the demise and dismissal of the manager of the LA Dodgers...Donnie Baseball will be let go in the next week...like it's his fault...goofy part of the game...

Is this the end of the Jodie Arias trial?...I mean how long can this go on?...to me...it should be life with no pardon, ever...

Did you see that OJ may go free?...I mean c'mon...for what he was put in for...he's spent long enough...now, if he was convicted for killing his girl, that would be something else...am I right?...

Can you believe that Madonna is still going strong?...and won some awards last eve...for what?...she can't sing, she is disgusting, and she flaunts whatever she has...don't get it...

Yup, I went and bought a Powerball Tix...actually, I was coerced...ha ha...did you?...and actually hit 2 numbers...which pays zero...we discussed what we would do with all the $ if we won...and decided that it would be better if we didn't win...

SD hosts StL for a 3 game set...and, of course, are dogs...the only time we weren't was when the Marlins were here...

2 days 'til I go blonde...you have that long to talk me out of it....




Comments

Popular Posts