Flawball

One of the most ridiculous things that the NFL teams do is put the players through this "big deal"...the combines...where they have all these youngsters do a series of measurements...times for this and that...how much they can lift...you know, stuff...so they can put it on their computers, notice I didn't say clipboards, and they rank the blokes...more info, as they have a body of work that these guys went through in college...to me?...waste of time and money...I'd have them scouted and would have talked to their coaches...then bring them in and interview 'em...that's all I'd need...to me...the most important thing, is the locker room...how they all get along...you know who probably had the worst of all time at these combines?...some gangly QB out of Michigan...Tom Brady...how'd he turn out?...

Had the good fortune to play a round yesterday with another guy named Pete...just so happened he was a former high school hoop coach from this area in SD...and enjoyed listening to his exploits...what he ran and all...like so many people I run into on the golf courses...they are better at talking than listening...still...I enjoyed it immensely....of course it helped that I played well, too...which made my day a whole lot better...

American Idol...the 2nd set of gals performed last eve...this group was not as good as last week's...I would say two of them were in the upper tier...still, that's 5 gals...I have yet to hear a guy even close to any of them...so, I bet one of these guys tonight can sing and play the geeeetar....that usually wins this thing...by the way, the gal from West Linn, Oregon was dang good...and pretty sharp looking, to boot...STILL...the gal judges are annoying and take away from the show...

Now you know I am a Clipper fan...and I have a soft spot in my heart for the PDX Blazers...and you know that when it comes to crunch time that Aldridge folds like a cheap suit...BUT...I really like the way that the Nuggets play the game...they run at all chances...so much different than most any team out there...and that includes college...and one more thing...Indiana Hoosiers come close to that...so...watch for them in the Big Dance...

Don't get me wrong...but I am luke warm about this Pope thing...with all the problems with that church...and all the fallacies that they laid on us forever...you know what I mean...like they were the experts of marriage, and yet never married themselves...and threw at us the concept of celibacy...naw, I am going to leave it all alone...hey, you can believe what you want spiritually...so can I...

Pads...double dose of losses...turrible day on the mound...Stults, De Los Santos, Mikolas, Weber and Layne all got bombed...we did a split squad of misery...one high light?...C Hundley hit the ball...

PGA...the blokes are in Miami...most of the big names are there...so...it's a good one...expect to see the likes of Tiger play well...you're on the tee, tuck your shirt in, and play well...

Have a splendid Thursday...

Comments

Popular Posts