WW 2 Attacks

Once in a great while I stumble across something I knew nothing about...I studied through the WW 2 stuff and only heard that the battles were battled over there...I mean outside of Hawaii...which was not our state back then...
I have been watching this PBS series on "The War"...and it was stated that there were subs (U boats) off our east coast and the Germans were sinking our ships willy nilly...I mean just off our coast...and documentation had them right in the NY harbor...time was right after Pearl Harbor, December, 1941...
So much so, that a total of over 650 ships were sunk...early on, up and down the Atlantic...then later, the Germans went into the Gulf of Mexico....and roamed just outside the mouth of the Mississippi...and it was like that for almost a full year...
And on the west coast, the Japanese were doing the same...not the same numbers...but still very effective...which led me to the only land attack on the US, up in Astoria, Oregon...WELL...there was also an attack near Santa Barbara...which the Japanese boasted that they left the city in flames...
Regardless, I had no idea how close these attacks were to this land mass...

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out who, what, and where these Olympic events are being run and shown...without a doubt the worst planning by a TV station I have ever seen...or not seen...NBC...turrible...

Just back from Del Mar...what a wonderful place...first class all the way...

Comments

Popular Posts