Red Luck

You may find this funny...but...maybe not...it was senior citizens day out at Del Mar...you know, the races...and what they offer is free admission and free seats to all of US seniors...free is free...so I bought right in on the extravaganza...
There is a gate for the senior's admission...and get this, they figure if you are bold enough to pass through it, you must be one of them elders...they do it by looks...some offer their ID, and they say put it away...and off you go...
Take two escalators up to the 3rd level...you may have to shove your way through those who are using canes and walking devices...I mean you have to get the best seats...clearly marked is the SENIOR SEATS, like, that away...from sections 12-18...and yup, there are a whole gaggle of whitesh and grayish haired peops all over those areas...
I captured a couple of 'em, using my buddy is going to be late, and I'm saving it for him routine...no problem...and then it happened...
This group of 7 ladies oh so gently walked down the aisle and garnered up seven seats, right in front of me...and they all had red hats on...THE RED HAT LADIES...and they were possessive of those seats...and even asked me to fend off other mean seniors who may try to sit in theirs...no problem...finally they settled in to figure out the races...
I kind of got the goosies as one of them leaned back and told me that these seats are for seniors and the ushers will probably kick you out....ha ha...but...the only other time they bothered me, directly that is, is when one of them asked me what the pony on the program meant...right by the description of the hoss...I guessed and she responded that "oh, he doesn't know"...
I take about an hour figuring out the races from the racing form...like look at the past performances, the Beyer's ratings, the trainers' successes, the jockey's winnings, amongst other things...I pick the double, the Pick 3, and the Pick 5....invest my life savings that it so dependent on winning the 1st race...anyway...
Because they may be older...the ladies may speak louder than normal...but you or I could hear what they were talking about...way too much...as they were studying the program to see what jockey was wearing red or purple...that's it...they took 23 minutes figuring out where the color was...
As I was having an off day, I couldn't help but hear them squeal as they were not....winning like $1 to $8 a race...every race...ha ha....the topper was this...the longest shot on the board bolted and was scratched...like no one would have ever have bet that nag...and they spent five minutes trying to figure out what scratched meant...the ringleader leaned over to the gal who had to replace her ticket and said, "dearie, pick the 7, it's a sure thing"....off she went...oh so slowly...
Of course, the 7 won...going away...which I didn't have...and the ringleader looked at her friend and asked if she bet the 7?....the response..."oh yes, I won the exacta"....what the hell, she knew what an exacta was?....
I couldn't take it anymore and got my sorry ass out of there...

Now I have to talk about the GOP speeches last night...daddy Mitt gave an adequate one...he did better than last time's guy, John McCain...and didn't do anything to dissuade his followers...he doesn't have the "it" factor...but, that's not what his people expect...and what on earth was that "surprise speaker" Clint doing?...OMG...didn't help their cause...OK, we have a bit of respite until the Demos get cranked up...

Football....I can't believe that WSU hired that guy from Texas...there's no way the mike could pick up his expletive filled talk to his players on the sideline in the 3rd Q, as they got pummeled by the Cougs of BYU...embarrassing performance by him...and UNLV went to OT before losing to Minnesota...I went to bed when they were down 7-3 in the 3rd...and the last pre-season NFL game, the 49ers destroyed the Bolts...tonight, Boise at Mich St...should be a good one...

I have a massage at 11...1st one in years...yea!

Comments

Popular Posts