Beisbol Cards

Do you remember when it was a kid's dream to have the entire set of Topp's Baseball Cards?...yup, my group of guys in the 50's....and I had a bunch of 'em, but never a complete set...and I had my favs....Rocco Colavito...but my most prized was the '57 Mickey Mantle...
We moved, and the cards got tossed...probably the only thing my mom ever threw away...and I have rued that day ever since...
Time moved on and this young feller came along...our own son...and he got into the card collecting...sure you are saying...influenced by me...not what I ever did...and he got a bunch of 'em...far more than me...and we have moved...
Now he moved to Santa Barbara...I wonder if he took his cards with him...or did someone accidentally toss 'em?....
And the rest of the story...the value of them has changed dramatically in the last 5 years or so...too many have flooded the market...and for some reason, the kid's interest has waned...gone, is the big price tag on the rookie cards...BUT...fear not ye old collectors...be patient, as all things recycle...the value will reemerge in the next 5-10 years...so says me...

He is through...he'll never win another tourney...he has lost his long game, his short game, his desire, his intimidation factor...well, pundits...he won yesterday for the 3rd time this season...Tiger Woods...and as usual, he was fun to watch the entire round...and battled another no-namer to the very end...wow, that has happened a lot...sure is entertaining...and...that was his 74th tour victory...what?...passing the legendary Jack Nicklaus...

Somehow, the Padres, won a series at Colorado...must have been all that smoke inhalation...naw, not that type...got a shutout!...go figure...and the closer, Houston Street, was named to the All-Star Game...either he or 3B Headley...are you aware, the winner of that game, dictates who has the home field advantage for the World Series?...turrible rule...

Pena Nieto just won the presidency vote for Mexico...bet you didn't know that...and he must clean up that country...tall task...but so needed...

I know I have a Kooz card somewhere...unless Marsh threw it out....


Comments

Popular Posts