On The Other Side

As I have read back a bit, I have sensed a little negative writing on my part...what?...calling out the inadequacies of various sporting teams that I follow....dang it all...mostly the Padres...anyway...I have decided to go to the other side...well, for just a few sentences...

In a few months we are going on our annual jaunt over to the greatest island ever, Maui...I'm the type of guy that repeats the good stuff...and this is that...we stay at the Kaanapali Shores...just north or east of the Embassy Suites...and it is awesome...two pools and the timing is near perfect...school just starts up....you know what I mean...snorkel, play golf, sunbathe, eat, and drink...can hardly wait...and I lurve the excursion to Lahaina...always 82*...

OK, that's it for the good stuff...you know there is this storm brewing over in Boston...the Bosox went and hired this fiery manager, Bobby Valentine...and they started right off...LOSING...not a good thing there...well, anywhere, but especially there...since they have $ to buy players...and coming off a so so season, where the rumors went crazy about their demise, like pitchers drinking beers in the club house, as the game was going on...ha ha...baseball guys doing that?...c'mon...I digress...one of the most beloved players of the last 5 years is or has been replaced, Kevin Youklis...he's been injured and all...and now...the spat is in the newspapers...as the Mgr. has not told him that he is sitting...but he is...so turmoil...and the trade is imminent...high drama...I expect Youklis to go to the White Sox...they have been band aiding their 3B with the Padre reject, Odog...belting it at .160...purrfect fit...

The lack of playing small ball...by the Padres...it's no secret that SD is the worst hitting team in beisbol...in fact, most teams salivate at getting to play 'em...that pitchers who have been blasted by others, come in and pitch gems...so, our brain trust keeps swinging away, maybe thinking that we'll break out of our prolonged slump...well, how's that working Buddy?...too many times we pass on moving players up with the sac bunt...and end up striking out with runners on 1st and 2nd...put pressure on the opponent's D with the runners on 2nd and 3rd...I can give you way too many examples of this...boooooooooooooooooo....

I am officially old...OLD...I just got in the mail, my Medicaire sign up...geez, I can remember when I was 18...now, 64...when I get older, losing my hair, many years from now, will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64...or, I can just look at my body...get the carry bag and do just that...pull a calf muscle and limp around the GQ...so, this fine Sunday, I will just lie around the condo, and wait for my OLD body to heal, so I can go out and DO IT AGAIN!

Comments

Popular Posts