Prez Day

Is this a holiday?  Geez, I remember in my teaching days that any day off during the regular grind, was a welcome day of relief...how many times can I say "day" in a sentence?...who is your fav or most memorable Prez?...with my age and all...and he who affected my life the most...well...
It's a thankless job at times...reserved for the very elite...most of the time...it is the upper 1% of the population that get the opp to be the chief...especially now...as the cost to just run for the office is exorbitant...but, it's the ultimate journey for them type...and us common folk are the ones that benefit or suffer from their quest...and, I have to admit a very interesting 16 months observing the process...as they slosh through all the states as they get their message out...and let the people judge and vote...anyway...my choice is...
JFK...the impact of the upcoming wars...the unsettling civil rights...the goofy years of high school...the emergence of television...was he the "best prez?...so hard to tell that, 'cuz he was in office for just a short while...but the whole thing triggered a spark that lit up my brain for a long time...his assassination...as TV got us so close to what the world was all about.... and the amazing killing of the Lee Oswald videoed...LIVE...well, that was off the charts...it got me very aware of what leads us...and seriously, did we really care what his private life was all about?...not then...but, we were spoon fed what we needed to know...or so said the leaders of the country...and the resistance of communism...that was so evident in Cuba...and led us into battle in Vietnam...and his policies, that included rights for minorities...well...it was major impact on me...he's my vote...

Let's get on to sports...
Did you watch the finish of the LA Open?...or whatever it's called now...out of nowhere the quiet and efficient Bill Haas logged in a number that shocked the final group...and had to wait for  Lefty and Keegan Bradley to finish up...long story short...they each birdied and there was a 3 man playoff...which Haas won on a 45 foot putt...that's the gist of it...but here's my take...Lefty (Phil Mickelson, in case you've been in a hole) was splendid again...so hard to keep your game at a spectacular level for two weeks...and came so close again...and Keegan Bradley...humongous hitter of the ball for such a slightly built kid...BUT...he takes so long to hit the ball...the final group was a full 1 1/2 holes back...and it was his fault...can't believe they weren't threatened with a slow play penalty...HIT THE BALL...I'd a gone crazy...in fact, I am right now...Keegan, boooooooooooooo...

Jeremy Lin...the Knick phenomena...making the NBA world come abuzz...by now, you know his story...walk on at Harvard, and a bencher at a couple of NBA teams...and he gets his chance and turns on NYC...and if you do that you do the entire media world...so, he was finally on national TV yesterday...HE IS THE REAL DEAL...I was shocked at how good he really is...has flair of the brilliant and can carry the team on his true PG  back...find the channel and take it in...he's that type of player....

Remember my sure thing pick at Santa Anita for yesterday?...er, it came in 3rd...in a 4 horse race...do not ever bet my picks...

TV...
Do you follow the Celebrity Apprentice?...just started a new group for the Trumpster...see way above for the elite 1%...who would like to be Prez...I digress...were you shocked as I was when you saw Cheryl Tiegs...hmmm...doesn't seem to have the ballistic group as the past one...

The Amazing Race...always entertaining...Marsh chooses one and so do I...she took the stars of the Big Brother...I took the twin bros...looking at the clip they showed us for the upcoming season, my pair seems to be not involved...

The Bachelor...disgusting new week of Ben getting blindsided by the model...she must be way better looking in person than on the tube...'cuz her personality is turrible...or, that's what the producers want us to think...

Enjoy your day off (?)...if it is, in fact, a holiday...

Comments

Popular Posts