When

So just when is the right time to put up your Xmas tree?  Wait, you can't write that, it must be Christmas tree...and are there colors that are supposed to be used...and can you really use an artificial one...or must be a fresh cut...it seems like the stores unleashed their attack before the Thanksgiving Holiday...and aren't we all talking about Black Friday...and..how much the nation needs us to spend to keep the economy flowing...what?...or, are you one of those who really goes with the "meaning" of the season...you are out there, somewhere...I just can't wait to have my boy with us for the time we have...simple stuff, really...and we are erecting ours just as soon as the painting is completed...probably tomorrow...and...ours is purple and white...

As I was coming home from Sycuan yesterday, I was listening to Cousin Brucie on XM, the 60's...his guest was none other than Darlene Love...got much of her fame for recording under the guidance of the character (some would call him much worse), Phil Spector...the master of the wall of sound...anyway, it was a great interview...got me to think about some great Christmas music...she has been on the Letterman Show for the last 25 years, missing but once in that time...Michael Buble just put out a CD on the season...haven't heard it yet...you?...

Doesn't it always happen?...the Cal Hoop's Coach, Steve (?) Montgomery, popped off and called the SDSU players mostly vagabond ones...referring that they were rejects from other programs and landed in San Diego...sure...he said that prior to coming to town to take on these resurrected ones...and...the Aztecs kicked his ass...keep your bloody mouth shut coach...

You remember the song, "When"?...the Kalin Twins and it was a happy song...I think...back in the 60's...er, maybe in the late 50's...geez, I liked that time of music so much more than the crap that is out there now...I guess that means I'm getting old or something...booo...did they ever have another hit?  One hit wonders?...

And, I just got a look at the 35, thirty five, treinta y cinco, OMG...35 bowl games!...some of them jumped off the page at me...why are these teams playing?  Stinkers, I call them...you tell me...here goes...
MAACO Bowl in Vegas...a near BSBCS Boise St.(11-1) playing the recently fired coached Arizona St, who are sporting a highly qualified 6-6 record...smells bad...
Little Caesar's Bowl in Detroit ...Western Michigan (7-5) against Purdue (6-6)...why?...smelly...
Music City Bowl at Nashville...Mississippi St. versus Wake Forest, each at (6-6)...stinkerooo...
Insight Bowl at Tempe...Iowa (boo) vs. the once highly rated BSBCS Oklahoma at 9-3...booring and a huge mismatch...nose pincher...
Meineke Bowl at Houston...battle of two 6-6ers...Texas A &M (coach fired) and Northwestern...are you freakin kidding me!...toilet flusher...

and the award goes to the worst of them all...the envelope please........

Fight Hunger Bowl in SF...the recently fired coached Bruins of UCLA, fresh off of getting stampeded by USC and Oregon by a zillion points, and sporting a 6-7 embarrassment...take on the fighting Illini, who just happened to lose their last 6 straight to get a 6-6 record...this one goes off on Dec. 31 and will be fodder for all foos...triple flusher...boooooooooo....



Comments

dws said…
Good Blog Peter!
Since you adroitly pointed out the worst bowl games(and there are more), I will list those that I think might be entertaining.
1. Cotton : Kan St. v Ark
2. Fiesta : Stanford v Ok St
3. Outback : Georgia v Mich St.
Of course i think the Rose Bowl will be great. I hate the BCS system and like most things in this country profit has ruined it.
We have a fake tree, but decorate it with traditional ornaments and lots of them with all colors.
I Like XM 60's too. Cousin Brucie is not my fav, but he does have good guests and info. I listen to POTUS 124 Stand Up with Pete Dominick for political info at noon. funny and very informative. Tries to present both sides.
I remember the Kalin twins as a knock off of the Everly Bros. Good Harmony. I have listened to snippits of Buble`s Christmas. Love some and others not so much. Its never his voice I don't like but just arrangements. He is fabulous!

Popular Posts