Father's Day

It used to be a time that we celebrated...as my dad had 5 of us...and then the torch was passed and I became the recipient...and I thought, think, of it as my son's day...not that he needed it, but, I was just so grateful to have a beautiful, healthy kid...and as time has gone on, I am just so proud of him...yup, you bet, it is definitely Father's Day...and it's a great day...

The Rory Experience...he just continues to amaze me as he completely dominates the field in the US Open in Maryland...don't get me wrong here, but...he has a very good swing and all...but he doesn't have the "it" factor that Tiger, Lefty, or even Sergio, possesses...nevertheless, I want him to finish it off and get the 1st of many "majors"...he hits the ball long, straight, and has no fear...and as Johnny Miller says, he's young enough to make all the little putts, too....what? 

OMG the Padres...it has become the horror flick of all time...a bit too harsh?  Mistakes, no hitting, no catching...the pitching remains solid, but...OMG, everything else...Nick Hundley tied an all time record for futility, striking out 8 consecutive times...and as the Pads were shut out again, the team record for that dubious distinction is directly on the radar screen...hey kids, it is really tough to watch...and I don't like I have in the past 3 seasons...

The Facebook phenomena...how about that for keeping in contact with people...it is such a great tool...prior to this, you just forgot about everyone...

We tried to watch some movies last night and struck out...isn't there any out there any good?  I tried Inception...what on earth was that?  I guess I'm just too shallow to keep up...

Well, I'm making scones for the Father's Day breakfast...

Comments

Popular Posts