Idol-IZED

Time for some not so heavy stuff....I'm talking the latest version of American Idol...there is a clear front runner...James...a seasoned singer that has all the polish of a true star...hey, that's a lot coming from me...in this decade of Idol, there has been but a couple of singers that have made it...Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood...others have had glimpses of fame, but, outside of actress/singer Jennifer Hudson's theatrical rise...they have been a not so much group...it's a hard journey...the benefit of the Idol experience is amazing (Bachelor)...at least they get a chance...back to this version...King Jame's version of "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" was a top 5 ever in the show's history...I don't care if he wins the popular vote, he has a chance to make it...
Lauren...she is a can't miss...did I say that right?  Much easier to move into the country world...and, unlike James, is such a rookie that will just get better as she matures...and she can win this type of show...and, if you listen to her on itunes, you will see she records very well...
Scotty...the underdog...again the country field...and has a lot of charm and crazy ability...he's got that low voice and is a dark horse to win...depending on the songs he chooses, just may become a money winner....I think he will...
and the rest...Casey...I get the fact that he is versatile...but his singing is very marginal...he is fun, but isn't this a vocal event?  He was lucky he got saved early by the judges and that turned out to hurt the show...as Pia was the one that needed their save...may be exiting tonight....
Jacob...the overachiever...he's got a great voice and is stretched quite a bit with all the styles these kids get put through...I'm not sure he has the following to win...and will be in the bottom 3, again....
Haley...now, I don't get this at all...she is cute, I suppose...but better than Pia?  I don't think so...and her voice is very marginal to boot...I think I said that wrong...she doesn't record well, and, well...she should have limited minutes left...
That's it from Crazy Horse...I lurve this season and tonight may be crazy dog...
And, I have to say it...the Pads got shut out again...what a miserable lot...

Comments

dws said…
totally agree on idol people. Was Carol King an amazing writer or what? James sang one of ny favs and it is one of the best ever.

Popular Posts