Bribes

No, say it isn't so!  The possibility of another sports gaming fix...this time it's a surprise team in ...USD...hoops...and the money just keeps flowing all around the players in the collegiate world...
HBO just ran a piece on big time money made on college football and basketball...and the dough used to legally and illegally  recruit "stars" to schools...how the D-1 colleges turn their heads to all the corruption and cheating that goes on....to make money...
I am simplifying things here...it is much more complicated...there are those out there that say the players should be paid as they play...that a degree is not enough...if, in fact, they ever get one...so...the hanger onners thrive...in this case, it's for the purpose of making $ on fixed games...give the participants cash as the betters make moolah...
I feel it is rampant out there...I see it on all levels...I fear it in the officiating...I fear it in the coaching...I fear it in the players...and certainly not just in college, but much worse in the pros...I jest about never, ever, betting on sports...and I mean it...there's too much money out there bet on games...and there's too much to betting on a sure thiing...
The NCAA is hugely undermanned...can't possibly uncover all the corruption...
An overhaul of the system is needed...let's start with college...c'mon collegiate Prezzes, swallow the money pill and redo the system...

Comments

Popular Posts