No Mas

I suppose I thought he would never play again...then wait...the game was moved outdoors...and it was a blizzard...and Bret Favre said that he had to play...play...he's still a boy in his mind...and he'd try the shoulder, so beat up for a 40 year old guy, or whatever age he is...yup...so there he went out to play...again...against da Bears...on Monday night...and promptly lead his Viks down for a passing TD...and thud...like a guy his age...eventually got pummeled and rammed into the freezing ground...and laid there...stay down Bret...no mas...

For a sport that has to be hanging on for dear life...horse racing..that, the sport of kings...that gets good press around the Kentucky Derby time...the feel good story of the year, was the female, Zenyatta...which had it's OWN winning streak of 19...goes into the Breeder's Cup, acclaiming to be it's last...before going into breeding status...just misses at the finish line, and was the best losing race of the year...

And for my commentary of the day...do you have to win to win?  Way back in my coaching days, I coached to win...always...of course, the happiest your players are, usually, are when we won...in my younger days, it was at all costs...then I had some teams that no matter how hard we worked, we couldn't get the W...did we lose?  I don't think so...we gave it our all and that, my friends, was winning...a side note...I hate when coaches call their players them or they....get off it, it is always WE....

I think I saw Noah this AM...

Comments

Popular Posts