Made in China

An article in the Trib made me think about what's been bugging me lately...the golf grip company, Lamkin, was talking up their product...about the necessity of changing the grips on your clubs more often...to adapt your grip to your, well, grips...and to pick either rubber or leather then..wait...their product is made in China...what?  It's where most golf clubs are made...what?  The "American Made" Callaways, Taylor Made, Ping, on and on...and I got to thinking...we pretty much bought all our furniture new for this condo...and EVERYTHING we bought was made in China ...different stores and suppliers, but all made in China ...so when we talk about the lack of jobs in the US, maybe, just maybe, we need to point our finger at our "American" businesses...always, just follow the money...the lobbyists allow our politicians to farm out these products...get into it and you'll be shocked...well, maybe not...
OK, I know I'm hard on the Bolt's management...and Norv Turner in particular...not a fan...but all indications that his boss lurvs him...garbage...
DWTS...for my dancing friends...I'm not sure who the front runner is...it does look like QB Warner is a goner...your girl, Bristol, didn't fall, thus...she was highly praised...oops, not a fan...
Are you excited about the upcoming World Series?  I like the Giants...well, in this series...
The 9 month NBA season starts today...go Blazers...talk about a long shot...who are the assistant coaches now?  I see the old ones all left...Heat at the Celts...a good starter...
The Gahrs just left...had a great time...
Man, my fantasy QB went down for a couple of months...T Romo...had won 4 in a row...and couldn't possibly lose the game...then poof, down he went...
Have I told you how much I hate the negative politician ads?  Or politicians themselves...

Comments

dws said…
I came up with this myself so don't blame MSNBC or FOx. The middle class of america has been slipping economically for decades. Now we have a recession caused mainly by greed at all levels. Its all about jobs.They are gone and many not coming back. Why? Two things. Technology and international competiton. Both have eliminated jobs in america.Businesses exist solely to make profits. Cutting labor costs is one of the best ways. So it is in American Business interest to eliminate jobs and benefits whenever posssible. Small bisnesses create jobs, but those jobs don't pay much and have few benefits. Businses wnat tax breaks to help with profits not to create jobs.

Popular Posts