American Idol

Did you watch your American Idol?  The gals performed last night and I was NOT blown away...in fact, I doubt there is the winner in that group...a few of them have potential...the 1st gal out had a booming voice, the curly head looker surprised me with a nice "Oh Darlin", and the folk rocker did a great Alanis Morrisette...as one says, it's too early to tell...

There is this one high school in Kansas that is under-performing, according to it's superintendent...in a lower income area...drop out rate high and so on...so she wanted to reduce the staff's income...they protested...and voila!..the supt. fired them all!!!  OMG!  88 of them...I'm smelling a lawsuit...get her outta there...

A shocking sniper shooting in Colorado, just 3 miles from the infamous one at Columbine High, that took place less than 10 years ago...a teacher tackled the shooter and stopped the carnage that follows...a true hero...

The Toyota empire is crumbling right before our eyes...the most popular car maker in the world, apparently, grew too fast...man, I have a Solara and a Lexus...they got me...

One of the 2 shows I watch in the afternoon is the PTI show on ESPN...one of the 2 combatants on it is Tony Kornheiser...recently a member of the announcing crew on Monday Night Football...anyhoo, he is full of himself...and he finally stepped into it when he called out Hannah Storm about what she was wearing...it was going to happen sometime, with something he was going to say...I think it was imminent...he's suspended and I figure he's on his way out...yup, good riddance...

Back to Idol...the guys are tonight...there are not  12 worthy ones, but the top 3 are mighty good...mark my words...

A little pitchy...

Comments

dws said…
Totally agree on the mediocre quality of idol last nite. Ellen is a fish out of water and has nothing to add to this show. This is the last season for idol.

Popular Posts