Just a sip


I ranted yesterday (justifiably)...and today I'm a tipping one or two...or is it sipping...or chugging...or downing...or slurping...or nursing...fact is it's time to talk about my favorite drinks...and not all alcoholic...
You may think of these as like the worst as we all have different taste buds...
I am totally engrossed in to the Cabs...rampant here in SD due to the climate and rarely do I dislike a good one out of Napa, Sonoma, or Alexander Valleys....generally speaking anything above $15 is a measure, but I have told you about Trellis before ($5) and Avalon ($13), which is organic...whatever that means...I love the Markham Merlot as it is pure butter...if you jump to the Pinots, Oregon has the market and I am crazy about Cristom...but, it's sooooo expensive...if you haven't tried the Witness Tree Chardonnay you are missing a beaut...and I'm not crazy about the Chards...
Brewskies...I'm all over Bud or Bud Lite, depending if I'm on a diet...but really am into Belgium beers...have you tried Blue Moon?  Make it be ice cold and a Padre game and I pretty much can lap up any of the choices....by the way, at the games they cost a cool $8.25 a bottle...ouch
Coke or Pepsi?  First of all, it's always the diet version...way too much sugar for me in the real stuff...prefer the Diet Coke as it is not as sweet tasting as the Diet Pepsi...and all the knock-offs are terrible...just don't go there...
Tap or bottled water?  Back in Orygun there isn't much difference...down here there is a huge one...you have to go with the bottled and I'm not sure Costco is any better or worse than Ralph's, Albertson's, or Von's...it's just all way better than tap...
Orange juice...we tried making our own for awhile...good god that's a mess...always not from concentrate and we prefer Simply Orange...but Costco's is a close second, 'cuz you have to buy so much of it...
Coffee...you are spoiled back up there with Dutch Bros...they're not down here, and it's Starbuck's or bust...French Roast...actually, the bolder the better...if I hit the store, it's always a tall-non-fat-white-chocolate-mocha...no whip...
Bourbon...my faves are Beam and Maker's, but for the big buzz it's Jack...hey, you can pay more, but it's sippin time...Blanton's is great...I prefer with Diet Coke...
I think that's pretty much all I imbibe...
I'll have another...

Comments

Popular Posts